Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1682 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

100% germination, every time ... EASY !

OK, I lied :wtf:, I haven't gotten 100% germination this way, more like 99.5% ... just do as I did, and don't change anything ... if you disagree, go away ...

1. build the bubbler box I built ... I built mine for cloning, then found out it is an incredible seed-starter :thumbsup:

2. use dim lights during germination and cloning, until roots are established ...

THIS REQUIRES ME TO MAKE SEVERAL POSTS, SO PLEASE DON'T INTERRUPT THE THREAD, UNTIL I'M DONE !

OK ?, here we go ........................
    the image reaper Reviewed by the image reaper on . 100% germination, every time ... EASY ! OK, I lied :wtf:, I haven't gotten 100% germination this way, more like 99.5% ;) ... just do as I did, and don't change anything ... if you disagree, go away :D ... 1. build the bubbler box I built ... I built mine for cloning, then found out it is an incredible seed-starter :thumbsup: 2. use dim lights during germination and cloning, until roots are established ... THIS REQUIRES ME TO MAKE SEVERAL POSTS, SO PLEASE DON'T INTERRUPT THE THREAD, UNTIL I'M DONE ! OK ?, here we go Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

go to wallyworld, etc., buy TWO identical clear plastic tubs ... one will be for the bubbler tank, the other will be a humidity dome (that's why the clear) ...

buy a bag of 'Rapid Rooter' plugs, NO SUBSTITUTES !

paint the bottom box black on the OUTSIDE with either Krylon Fusion plastic sparypaint, or simply cover with duct-tape, etc ... makes it lightproof

drill 1" - 1.25" holes in one lid ... if they are too large, just stick a toothpick thru your rapidrooters ...

you will need an aquarium heater, cheap, automatically keeps the solution about 75 degrees

also, need a cheap aquarium pump, and airstones, that will bubble well

you will be using ONE DROP of SuperThrive per gallon of water ... I use chlorinated tapwater, helps guard against fungus, algae, etc ...

you will change this water every 5 days, replacing it with same

see what we're doing here ?

place a DRY seeds into a RapidRooter plug, about 1/4" deep, and lightly tuck a small piece of rooterplug into the hole ... the emerging seeds needs a little resistance to peel it's shell off ... besides, if the seed is to weak to push thru, it isn't worth growing out ...

with the bubbler going 24 hrs a day, dim light, and about 75 degree solution, just walk away .... leave it alone, come back on the third day, this is what you will see ... in my case, 13 seeds, 13 sprouts, one male (No-stress is the Key)

which, grow into this:

now, you can use your extra bottom box (remember, we bought two of them) ... the spare lid can be flipped upside-down and used as a humidity dome, and your spare lid can be cut for 1 or 2 large net pots holes, or a bunch of small RapidRooter plug holes ...

now, that's how I do it ... if you do the same, you'll be glad you did ... if you do it differently, don't whine to me

:thumbsup:

and, it gets a lot easier :thumbsup:

I apologize for the typing errors, and spelling, I was in a rush, to get this done, before comments, questions, etc ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast