Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1855 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wilma 8 system operation schedule? Hydro schedule in general?

Hi,

can you please tell me how often/on what schedule should I keep my wilma 8 drip system working during 24hours or one hour?

From seedling to flower... Please advice..
    Thanks!:thumbsup:
    Lowryder1 Reviewed by Lowryder1 on . Wilma 8 system operation schedule? Hydro schedule in general? Hi, can you please tell me how often/on what schedule should I keep my wilma 8 drip system working during 24hours or one hour? From seedling to flower... Please advice.. Thanks!:thumbsup: Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Lowryder1
    Hi,

can you please tell me how often/on what schedule should I keep my wilma 8 drip system working during 24hours or one hour?

From seedling to flower... Please advice..
    Thanks!:thumbsup:
    A lot depends on the kind of media you are using, which you didn't state. The media determines the amount of watering required, rockwool holds water a lot more than clay pellets!
    For example if you use a 6" square rockwool cube you will need a lot less dripping than if you had your plant in a pot just filled with hydroton (clay pellets). I use a drip system with the latter, and I just let the nutes rip thru 24/7 with a 1/4" tube .... not even using a dripper! I just stick the tube into the hydroton and turn the pump on.

sn

Hi,

clay pellets would be the choice... How often would you recommend keeping the system turned on?

Please advice:thumbsup:

[I just let the nutes rip thru 24/7 with a 1/4" tube .... not even using a dripper! I just stick the tube into the hydroton and turn the pump on.

no kidding, The times I have tried this,it grows green algie or the top and the leaves droop from over watering.
    must be the pump flow rate,I do tend to over kill everything.:stupid: how big is the pump and how many feed lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Daddynobucks
    [I just let the nutes rip thru 24/7 with a 1/4" tube .... not even using a dripper! I just stick the tube into the hydroton and turn the pump on.

no kidding, The times I have tried this,it grows green algie or the top and the leaves droop from over watering.
    must be the pump flow rate,I do tend to over kill everything.:stupid: how big is the pump and how many feed lines?
    The pump is 400 gal per hour..... but I can adjust that down if I wanted to, because I've installed a valve at the end of my "drip" system, reducing any pressure. Generally speaking however, I never use it, and the valve stays closed. Never have I ever had an algea problem.

sn

In my "pro hydro" Log I learned that it's easy too overwater hydroton using a flood an drain system.It caused root rot and stunted plant growth. I was flooding 3 time's a day.now i flood for 15 minutes,once a day.

ah ha, think I'll cut back the feed schedule on my F/D table for the youngsters and see if that helps.how big are your net pots?

hey; down under where do you dive?off the beach, or on the undersea mount,I think its out of Newport.

I'll Dive a mudd puddle if i think it's deep enough...lol.And yea overwatering can look like several deficiency so it's often hard to figure...especially in hydro where you'd figure more is better..

Dive:stoned:

oh ..and i use 2 gallon pots w/hydroton .

I use ebb/flow in vegging. 4" netpots in Hydroton. I've found it even makes a difference if your clone is in rockwool....the roots growing thru the area of greater water absorption is not as healthy as just putting clones in without rockwool. I run my e/f every 4 hours for 15 minutes and have healthy roots.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast