Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1844 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Purple Grow??? Maybeeee

okay well i finally got my BIG BANG FEMINIZED SEEDS in, but im not going to start their log or grow after this plant is done with.

well my cousin found 2 seeds in her 8th of purple she bought awhile back and i went and planted the 2, and only one grew (still dont know whether it is female or male yet). were gonna go and switch the lights this sunday to FLOWERING MODE, got a 125watt HPS and thinking bout buying another maybe next week.

well the grow has been with 4 CFL 5600k 26watt's each.
    been using House and Garden products
    FINALLY got a digital PH tester from amazon about 2 weeks ago so we've been using that now everytime

ill be updating pics every 3 days, and as soon as i find out its male or female, ill go crazy and let yall know:thumbsup:

heres the pics of the setup and where were as of today

calichin9 Reviewed by calichin9 on . Purple Grow??? Maybeeee okay well i finally got my BIG BANG FEMINIZED SEEDS in, but im not going to start their log or grow after this plant is done with. well my cousin found 2 seeds in her 8th of purple she bought awhile back and i went and planted the 2, and only one grew (still dont know whether it is female or male yet). were gonna go and switch the lights this sunday to FLOWERING MODE, got a 125watt HPS and thinking bout buying another maybe next week. well the grow has been with 4 CFL 5600k 26watt's Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Purple Grow??? Maybeeee

nice little plant you got there, you sure you want top bud it now? how old is it? if you wait till its about 2 months old you'll get a better yield, unless space is a issue for you. if your going to bud it now there is one thing you should do and that is transplant to a bigger pot. with the size it is now you could probably get away with a 3.5 gallon pot but a 5 gallon would be ideal, you dont want to get rootbound during budding. good luck i'll be watching to see the colour change in budding

Purple Grow??? Maybeeee

Quote Originally Posted by animalman
    nice little plant you got there, you sure you want top bud it now? how old is it? if you wait till its about 2 months old you'll get a better yield, unless space is a issue for you. if your going to bud it now there is one thing you should do and that is transplant to a bigger pot. with the size it is now you could probably get away with a 3.5 gallon pot but a 5 gallon would be ideal, you dont want to get rootbound during budding. good luck i'll be watching to see the colour change in budding
    yea i was thinking bout putting it into flower soon cuz i still dont know whether its a female or male, and i keep thinking that if it comes out male, and i wait like another month to let it grow, i might waste alot of the liquids i bought all on it if it turns out male.....so im not too sure what to do yet. yea the plant has about a month on it. When i start the Big Bang grow ima let them get big and all since i know their feminized and my investment into the plant food will be worth it (since down here in Costa Rica its IMPOSSIBLE to find that stuff, found a guy that sells them underground but charges a shit load).

ima change her/him lol into a bigger pot then this weekend if i choose to switch the lights! ill let you know, thanks for the advice man :thumbsup::jointsmile:

Purple Grow??? Maybeeee

okay so i went ahead and transplanted the plant to a huge pot, i think its a 3 gallon. last monday switched it to FLOWERING MODE, so we have the 125watt HPS running now and 12/12. heres a pic of how she's/he's doing still cant tell whether its a female or male.

Purple Grow??? Maybeeee

well this is one 1week 4days into flowering. we arent able to buy and nutes for flowering mode at the moment, but we stopped using the Algen Extract and the Roots Excelurator and stuck with the Aqua Flakes A and B since it has a good source of Potassium in them. looking pretty healthy and for the next grow were gonna have 2 HPS's running since one isnt enough. here she is :thumbsup:

Purple Grow??? Maybeeee

well were 2weeks and 4days into flowering. heres sum pictures with her updates lookin pretty healthy if you ask me, but for the next grow I now learned to try and make her alittle fatter and wider than really being so tall.

oh by the way the top of the stems are turning purple. is this okay? i think it might be from the cold weather up here, but any advice would be great! thanks again.

Purple Grow??? Maybeeee

that looks like some grand daddy purple that i got! tall with little side shoots, next time you should lst it, it helps a lot, when i do it i get like 3 main big colas and a whole bunch of side buds. its the only way to maximize the yeild on purps. but ya that strands character genetics grow like that. hope it turns purp tho, cause like yourself i got the seed from bagseed granddaddy and 1 out of 5 showed purple, but it all tasted almost the same. also it wont show purple if it does have those genetics till almost end of flowering. nice job on mounting your diy fans! looks very very clean!
    β?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ? Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Ά

Bucket Ebb/Flow GDP - Sensi grow/bloom w/ff water soluables.

http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...dy-purple.html

Purple Grow??? Maybeeee

hey forgot to add check your ph run-off, my plant did the purple stems and i found out that the soil was getting acidic which let into probs, but you can catch it right away.
    β?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ? Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Άβ?Ά

Purple Grow??? Maybeeee

Quote Originally Posted by cigarettes42
    that looks like some grand daddy purple that i got! tall with little side shoots, next time you should lst it, it helps a lot, when i do it i get like 3 main big colas and a whole bunch of side buds. its the only way to maximize the yeild on purps. but ya that strands character genetics grow like that. hope it turns purp tho, cause like yourself i got the seed from bagseed granddaddy and 1 out of 5 showed purple, but it all tasted almost the same. also it wont show purple if it does have those genetics till almost end of flowering. nice job on mounting your diy fans! looks very very clean!
    thanks man yea me and my cousin did made the box. yea i learned now to concentrate more on making it alittle fatter and light all around the plant but yea hopefully it turns purple and up here in the mountains it gets cold as hell at night so I think that'll help it more on the purple part aswell.
    oh by the way what is lst it? and to check the run off, dont i have to drain the dirt with so much water and check the ph of the drainage?
    thanks bro:jointsmile:

Purple Grow??? Maybeeee

lst is low stress training. its when your in veg you can tie down your plants main stem down in small increments so that the bottom and side shoots get a chance to grow and become as tall as the main cola, making your plant grow a few main colas rather than just one. that type of plant needs it to get a better yield. you will get a good yield but better when you train it. search this site for "LST" and it will give you directions on how to do it. also if it dont turn purple dont worry about it. most of mine didnt turn purple only some but all of it tasted the same as regular grand daddy purple.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast