Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1554 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

looking for answers

decided to try something new, growing in pure hydroton, lighting temp nutrients and everything is ok, but i'm not seeing anything happening except that the leaves are turning a little yellow, i have the water comming and off every 2 hours, on for 2 off for 2, too much water??? please help
    EZMONE707 Reviewed by EZMONE707 on . looking for answers decided to try something new, growing in pure hydroton, lighting temp nutrients and everything is ok, but i'm not seeing anything happening except that the leaves are turning a little yellow, i have the water comming and off every 2 hours, on for 2 off for 2, too much water??? please help Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

looking for answers

That is definately overkill on the watering. If you are growing in Hydroton, then why on earth would you want the water on for two hours? The whole point of Hydroton is that is holds onto water quite well. I recommend having the water on just long enough to get all of the Hydroton wet and only rewatering when the Hydroton is about to dry out completely. 2-3 times daily is sufficient.

I couldn't even begin to guess why your leaves are turning yellow. Could be insufficient nutrients, could be a PH problem, your roots could be rotted away completely. I simply have no clue.

looking for answers

are you using a rapid rooter with your hydroton or rockwool you only need to water babys about 10min a couple times a day once they get going you can change amount and times.