Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1557 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Abortion

Abortion is a very touchy subject for me. I have fertility issues and its possible I will never have a child of my own and it just kills me to know that some women take for granted to ability to conceive a child. I think that the father should be consulted if the woman wants to abort the baby. It is just as much his as it is hers. Of course you will hear some people say its the womans body so she can do with it what she wants but thats just unfair to the father. Im sure if he wanted the baby and he could he would carry it himself.

2.   Advertisements

Abortion

Quote Originally Posted by Dro_Princess
    Im sure if he wanted the baby and he could he would carry it himself.
    I would.

Abortion

im PROchoice, especially when it comes to idiots rape women. if ur just a dumb kid that gets knocked up and arent taking any responsibility I think they should make it so u cant have kids.

Abortion

Abortion isn't just a factor for an "Accident." There are some women out there who would like to have a child, try and to find out there are serious risks that would jeopardize the life and health of the mother, or the babies life sometimes even both. In those cases the Doctor would talk to the mother about her options and the risks involved.

Abortion isn't something that a woman just wakes up and decides to have as baby prevention, it's not fun or glamorous. It's a very rocky road. In clinics where abortions are preformed they give the women all the information on adoption and counseling . It's a very personal decision on what is going on in the woman's body, if the guy/husband/boyfriend has the means and wants to help raise the child I think that is good for the partner to be showing support and letting the woman know she will be supported in her decision to keep the child or not.

If a man had the final say on what happens to the womans body I think there will be a lot more wire hangers and backstreet abortions being preformed. If I am raped by a man and I become pregnant by him I feel he should have no say to what I do with my body, If my husband and I decide to have children one day and the Doctor says that the baby, myself or both have a high possibility of death if the pregnancy comes to terms I would like the final say.

I am pro-choice on a womens right to decide on the final say on such a difficult and emotional decision to terminate a pregnancy. I would rather have a woman whoever it be who decided to get an abortion after carefully reviewing all options have it in a safe and legal environment instead of either her trying to do one herself (which HAS happened with tragic results) or in some back street alley by a "Doctor."

Regardless of if it is a "mans" choice or not, if a woman becomes desperate or not regardless of the mans choice or I shudder to think the courts choice about the pregnancy there is a chance she might go to the extreme. Pregnancy is the womans choice, not everyone believes life begins as soon as conception. Abortion is stopping a process before it begins, the farther along you are the more dangerous and more emotional it is. We say "Abort Mission " etc, but that doesn't mean we're killing our troops.

The woman has to live with whatever decision she makes to keep or not, both with the physical and emotional requirements that come with childbirth or aborting a pregnancy. Every situation involving pregnancy is very different to each and every woman and should be treated as such, but ultimately it should be left to the woman to decide. I honor the men who support their partner should a circumstance like this arise but it is the woman who should decide, not the courts or men.

Abortion

Im pro-choice....however I find abortion to be a disgusting, barbaric, procedure....but if the girl can live with herself, thats her choice. Choose wisely.

I suggest people go online right now and watch an abortion....one at 2 months and to ram home what exactly it is...one at 7 months where you can see the fetus try to fight off the giant needle sucking out its brain. Cause thats exactly what it is.

Abortion

My children are as much mine as the Woman who bore them. When my 5 y/o was conceived someone tried to force the mother into aborting, and honestly, I wanted to die if it happened, and luckily it didn't.

I am pro life, although I will admit to think certain people in this world should be forcefully sterilized just so their genetic line doesn't continue..

Abortion

I believe in pro-choice, but the choice is not the mothers alone. I think a good lawyer could throw it either way honestly. This is one of those things that will probably never be set right due to selfishness.

Abortion

I don't have a problem with abortion as long as it is done before the pregnancy progresses beyond a certain point. A lot of the problem with this is debate over that certain point. I am not one of those people that believes that LIFE is magically imbued as soon as sperm hits egg. In my opinion, the fetus is merely flesh, the same as any organ in your body, until the electrical impulses begin in it's brain. It is impossible in my opinion to view anything as 'living' until you have that criteria. There is TIME in this whole process of creating a child. It's not just a candy magical moment of an instant HUMAN BEING!

I believe the father should have a say but at the same time pregnancy and giving birth is no small matter at all. It's very stressful on the body and not for just a short period of time, for 9 whole months and then you have to actually birth it. If a man ever had to truly consider what it's like to carry a child and give birth he would not ever think he had the right to 'demand' a woman do so, no matter who's child it is.

And I'm not just saying this as someone who has never experienced anything similar. My brother went through this with his girlfriend. I know it broke his heart but he would never have dreamed to have the right to demand she have the child.

Abortion will never be easy, I think most women's instinct is too strong for that. But we live in an age where we can survive on reason, as well as instinct, and must find the balance in it. Each person must find that balance in themselves. (And make their own decisions without the government making them for them.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12