Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1629 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Abortion

I would be interested to know what others think of abortion as it relates to the men involved.
    We often hear about a womans choice to terminate but what if the "father" feels differently ?

Should a man be able to challenge the termination of his child ?
    psychocat Reviewed by psychocat on . Abortion I would be interested to know what others think of abortion as it relates to the men involved. We often hear about a womans choice to terminate but what if the "father" feels differently ? Should a man be able to challenge the termination of his child ? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Abortion

Yes. It's his kid, too. If he does challenge it, he should, of course, be willing to accept raising it alone and paying for it all himself. If the father is willing to do this, I don't really see how he can be denied.

Abortion

Quote Originally Posted by overgrowthegovt
    Yes. It's his kid, too. If he does challenge it, he should, of course, be willing to accept raising it alone and paying for it all himself. If the father is willing to do this, I don't really see how he can be denied.
    Why should the father have sole responsibility of paying for it? The majority of single mothers (including ones that are with another man) are entitled to child support payments from the biological father even if he never wanted kids to begin with.

If a man has the right to insist on his child being born, then the child's mother should be made to pay child support.

Abortion

Ill put it like this: if somehow I got somebody pregnant and I could convince them to keep it on the terms that I paid for her entire pregnancy hospitalization, paid for everything afterwards, raised the child myself.. anything else absurd she could think of.. I would sell my soul to make it happen.

I would never tell a woman what to do, if she doesnt want to bear a child for 9 months, I can say nothing. But I would sure beg and try to convince her and make any offer I could to sway her if at all possible.. I would love to have a child, and I would cry if she decided to terminate it. But once it had been done, I would leave it at that.

Abortion

Quote Originally Posted by Breukelen advocaat
    Why should the father have sole responsibility of paying for it? The majority of single mothers (including ones that are with another man) are entitled to child support payments from the biological father even if he never wanted kids to begin with.

If a man has the right to insist on his child being born, then the child's mother should be made to pay child support.
    Idealistically, I agree with you, but if this were to become a reality, it wouldn't happen that way...it would be a major victory just to get society to recognize the rights of a father at all, let alone allow him to decide whether his kid lives or dies. If a man earned the right to challenge an abortion, it would, realistically, only be on the terms grazillovesmary mentioned, which is, naturally, reverse sexism, but the only way this would fly.

Abortion

Why should the father have sole responsibility of paying for it?
    This didn't make sense to me. Fathers don't have the sole responsibility of paying for babies/children. Mamas pay, too. Child support is usually a far smaller percentage of that child's keep than what the custodial parent ponies up financially. The mothers are also expending more sweat equity to raise them since they bear the brunt of that responsibility especially when the children are small. Plus they take on the wear and tear on their bodies.

In Texas, mothers pay child support all the time when the fathers are the custodial parents.

Abortion

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Byrd
    This didn't make sense to me. Fathers don't have the sole responsibility of paying for babies/children. Mamas pay, too. Child support is usually a far smaller percentage of that child's keep than what the custodial parent ponies up financially. The mothers are also expending more sweat equity to raise them since they bear the brunt of that responsibility especially when the children are small. Plus they take on the wear and tear on their bodies.

In Texas, mothers pay child support all the time when the fathers are the custodial parents.
    I was responding to overgrowthegovt, who wrote,
    "Yes. It's his kid, too. If he does challenge it, he should, of course, be willing to accept raising it alone and paying for it all himself (bold mine). If the father is willing to do this, I don't really see how he can be denied." http://boards.cannabis.com/womens-is...ml#post1956990

Abortion

Quote Originally Posted by psychocat
    I would be interested to know what others think of abortion as it relates to the men involved.
    We often hear about a womans choice to terminate but what if the "father" feels differently ?

Should a man be able to challenge the termination of his child ?
    The decision should be mutual IMO, but when it comes down to it its her choice.

Abortion

this thread got me thinking and initially i thought damn right they should get a say and then i realised just how many varying factors there are and dont think its easy thing to say one way or the other in terms of if a man had legal rights over it but on an emotional, female perspective i think it would take a heartless woman to kill an unborn child who was legitamately wanted by the father, obviously if the father was a nice loving person who was prepared to take on such a resposibility in the face of that i could never terminate a pregnancy, however if i was with someone who beat me up regularly or was a druggy (you get my drift) i can totally understand why a woman would sacrifice their unborn child so not to bring them into it. but its a tough one. i personally cant imagine how hard it must be to go through a termination an although i dont think its wrong, i dont think i could ever do it. i've known too many women live to regret their decision to terminate a pregnancy.

i do think that it shouldnt be as easy as it is for a woman to have an abortion, they should have a degree of respect for the father and his opinions and maybe in certain cases courts could decide if a woman is alowed to terminate against the fathers wishes. there should be something in place to give men a say and maybe a chance to save their unborn child.

Abortion

Yes i agree intirly if mom did not want that baby with him SHE SHOULDNT HAVE OPENED HER LEGS!it is wrong to murder a child because you didnt want that responsibility, god has things happen for a reason. yes the father has every right to fight for his child, and mom shold deff pay up some child support!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast