Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1628 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

The Greatest Bible Verse Ever

??I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.? - Stephen Henry Roberts

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by skyascending
    "It's interesting to note that, though the United States was founded in accordance with the Bible and Christian principles......
    The United States was not "founded in accordance with the Bible and Christian principles". Most of the Founding Fathers were Deists and Unitarians, not Christians. They were Freethinkers, a by-product of the Enlightenment. They believed in a "creator" deity, but not in the divinity of Jesus Christ.

Here's some more:
    Our Founding Fathers Were NOT Christians

So ive been thinking about this for a while

THIS IS JUST A THEORY
    I dont neccesarily believe it.
    what if god placed cannabis here for us to be tempted like he placed the apple in heaven and told eve not to eat it but the devil egged her on so she did anyway. What if the apple in heaven is like cannabis on earth?
    [align=center]:rasta::rastasmoke:[/align]
    [align=center][SIZE=\"5\"]ALLLLL DAAAYYYY[/SIZE][/align]

Forbidden Fruit creates many Jams

Quote Originally Posted by Breukelen advocaat
    The United States was not "founded in accordance with the Bible and Christian principles". Most of the Founding Fathers were Deists and Unitarians, not Christians. They were Freethinkers, a by-product of the Enlightenment. They believed in a "creator" deity, but not in the divinity of Jesus Christ.

Here's some more:
    Our Founding Fathers Were NOT Christians
    why do you suppose that they swear politicians in on bibles and why do military personnel swear an oath with God in it? i'm not arguing your point. this very well could be. just a question.

and i appreciate the info!

-shake

Quote Originally Posted by headshake
    why do you suppose that they swear politicians in on bibles and why do military personnel swear an oath with God in it? i'm not arguing your point. this very well could be. just a question.

and i appreciate the info!

-shake
    In order to survive in the modern world (post 18th Century) religion has intruded into the government, which is something that the Founding Fathers were unanimously against.

In God We Trust was put on currency, part of the Pledge of Allegiance was changed to the words "One Nation Under God" (formerly "One Nation Indivisible
    "), and much more.

it is frustrating to be a christ follower and see how america chooses to look at christianity. Now I am an avid reader of the bible. I also am an advid pot smoker. But I could never tell my church that. I agree that the bible states that God gave us cannabis, for our SPIRITUALITY! Thats the thing....God...Jesus...yeah they hate religion. They want you to be spiritual and one of the ways I believe to getting there is smoking weed. I smoke ...I pray....I think... and God gives me ideas...how about that? lol!

Quote Originally Posted by jahblessme
    it is frustrating to be a christ follower and see how america chooses to look at christianity. Now I am an avid reader of the bible. I also am an advid pot smoker. But I could never tell my church that. I agree that the bible states that God gave us cannabis, for our SPIRITUALITY! Thats the thing....God...Jesus...yeah they hate religion. They want you to be spiritual and one of the ways I believe to getting there is smoking weed. I smoke ...I pray....I think... and God gives me ideas...how about that? lol!
    and this puts you at odds with 95% of your church. Honestly, I would not even call you a christian. Just someone that hasnt completely .... um, Im not sure how to put it. But youre on the right track!

Quote Originally Posted by theforthdrive
    and this puts you at odds with 95% of your church. Honestly, I would not even call you a christian. Just someone that hasnt completely .... um, Im not sure how to put it. But youre on the right track!
    God fearing atheist?

PS: I recommend anyone with the brainpower and time and effort to get the book: The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

I think its pretty important to get to the bottom of this dabble between whether there is a god or not after all it does affect our lives in considerable ways

the bible doesn't speak clearly on the issue. there are scriptures to support both arguments, so it is PURELY left up to interpretation like most things.

funny thing is that even if it was spoken clearly about, it could most likely be argued by claiming it was a "cultural commandment" like not eating pork and not cutting your sideburns. the bible says for men and women to sit on different sides of the church and for women not to speak in church... how many churches in america obey those commands?

one could always battle with the "translation" argument... key issues like the "doctrine of the trinity" have caused massive division and opposing sides are both "positive that their translation is more accurate". so many factors all point to personal opinion and interpretation, the very cause of hundreds of divisions in christianianity.

if jesus thought marijuana use was an important issue he would have spoken clearly about it like he did regarding MAJOR ISSUES like loving your neighbor and caring for the sick, poor, widowed, and orphaned. weed was in use long before jesus' time but he did not address it.

The greatest scripture to me...
    Roman 13:8 - Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

That sums up spiritual truth in my opinion. I do not believe jesus was divine but i do admire the core of his teachings and think he was an enlightened human. It confounds me though that people who claim to follow "jesus christ's teachings" put as much time and effort into fighting issues like gay rights and others when there is an "endless sea" of poor and broken to be cared for that he directed to make priority.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast