Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1693 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

potting soil/perlite mixture

I ass-u-me, that vermiculite at the bottom of the pot holding extra moisture longer, will also be holding extra liquid nutes longer?

and I feed at the point of starvation

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by headshake
    dtrave, i might try to work in some worm casting next go round. i hear a bunch of people say that they like them.

-shake
    We started using worm castings two crops ago... big difference in bulk! I'll take some "before cure" and "after cure" shots next time around. The shrinkage as far as volume goes is the least I have ever seen by a long shot. I found that the big name hardware stores have good deals... I paid $28 for a 25 lb. bag at a local grow store... it was like $15 with free shipping to the nearest store from the big name outfit for even bigger bags. Bought 20-sacks to last awhile. :O)

worm castings are great to add to a soil mix. also makes great tea for vegging plants. Do not add any when the plant is in bloom. It's high in nitrogen and though the plant will stay nice and green and healthy, too much N during bloom is not good for the product.

Shov, correctamundo, Tea is great for a crop. As stated in a previous post grabbed a box of it (contains like 15 tea bags) & each bag makes a gallon. 24 hour brew & works like a dream! Perfect for vegging. When it comes to different recipes for soil we can discuss it for hours. Depends on what your rais'n, different strains require different blends IMHO of course. Personally keep it simple with 1 part manure, 1 part Canadian peat & 1 part perlite. But who am I, I'm Esteban, that's who! Still learning 'bout this Evil weed. It's a journey..... Enjoy the ride. Peace be upon you.

:thumbsup:
    Keeping pain at bay 24/7©:thumbsup:

whatever happened to Headshake_?

He left Cdot in early 2011.
    Popped up on a couple other boards for a while but I haven't seen him posting on any of my boards for quite a while now.

I kinda miss him too.

Aloha,
    Weezard
    Everyt\'ing: http://cannabis.com/growing/index.html:thumbsup:

Plants do things for a reason..they don\'t just decide one day to get root rot or act funny. - Weedhound :clap:

\"It ain\'t what you don\'t know that gets you into trouble. It\'s what you know for sure that just ain\'t so.\"
    - Mark Twain

\"http://www.puyallup.wsu.edu/~linda%20chalker-scott/\"
    Mythbuster! Thanks to- Rusty Trichome

:detective1:
    Quote Originally Posted by Weezard
    He left Cdot in early 2011.
    Popped up on a couple other boards for a while but I haven't seen him posting on any of my boards for quite a while now.

I kinda miss him too.

Aloha,
    Weezard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12