Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1302 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

over 1,000 plants my state

Ansonia (WTNH) - A tip to an Ansonia detective has lead to a major drug bust with a former alderman at the center.

The tip came in early this week, before police and Drug Enforcement Agency officials executed search warrants at two home on root on Friday night. This morning they were still pulling the plants from the two cultivation labs.

It was a big bust and big win for Ansonia police and the DEA. More than 1,000 marijuana plants were seized from cultivation labs or "grows" at the multi-families homes located at 63 and 72 Root Avenue.

"We apprehended three people into custody coming out of the grow. We located a very sophisticated grow in the upstairs apartment, which is an attic that had been converted. The entire thing was being used just for the growing of marijuanna," said Lt. Wayne Williams of the Ansonia Police Departmenr.

The men arrested were 26-year old Cheyne Mazza, his cousin Paul Mazza, and JosephCassettii, 59, a former Ansonia Alderman and owner of both buildings. His brother, David Cassetti, the current police commissioner.

"It does make it high profile anytime somebody is arrested. But just having that status doesn't give you the right to commit this type of violation," said Lt. Williams.

Cassetti's nephew, Michael, who watched the whole bust go down told us he agrees.

"It's definitely a shame to be a family member and see this actually happen to someone you know about and it's just definitely a shame. I feel bad for him. Hopefully everything works out in the end," said Michael Cassetti.

Cassetti was arrested with what police call a heavy hitter. "Cheyne is well known to both the Ansonia police department and the drug enforcement agency. And he's been involved in drug trafficking and marijuana," Lt. Williams said.

Cassetti, along with Cheyne and Paul Mazza, are facing more than half a dozen charges, including operating a drug factory and intent to sell within 1,500 feet of a school.

In addition to the drugs police also recovered a handgun which was stolen from Florida.

News Channel 8 contacted Commissioner David Cassetti for comment, but our call was not returned in time for this broadcast. In the meantime, Cassetti, Cheyne Mazza and Paul Mazza will be arraigned Monday

only a few towns away dam
    middieman440 Reviewed by middieman440 on . over 1,000 plants my state Ansonia (WTNH) - A tip to an Ansonia detective has lead to a major drug bust with a former alderman at the center. The tip came in early this week, before police and Drug Enforcement Agency officials executed search warrants at two home on root on Friday night. This morning they were still pulling the plants from the two cultivation labs. It was a big bust and big win for Ansonia police and the DEA. More than 1,000 marijuana plants were seized from cultivation labs or "grows" at the Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

there also a video of it if you type in "video of ansonia drug bust" in your search engine some nice looking plants

I wonder how many other high political people have grow ops??? I bet they have all had something to do with some type of illegal drug $$$$$

what kind of time do you think they will get.

cultivation lab
    Here's a nice, threatening, science-y term for an indoor garden

Is this the Ansonia in CT?

yes it is