Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1532 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Small Space; lowryder or controlled normal strain?

Je me presente, complete noob here attempting first grow (hypothetically,its all a joke,I dont do illegal stuff i swear) but with plenty of research done.However i realise that practical experience is vital so thats where you come in.

This thread should hopefully become my log when I begin but for now a few questions.
    Basically I have a very limited grow space of H 70cm,W 60cm and D 60cm.Thats basically 2ftX2ftX2ft for non supporters of Napolean.The main question I have is this:

Should I try a lowryder strain or attempt to control a 'normal' strain with a short veg stage,pruning etc?Any ideas would be great.
    Help much appreciated,peace out

P.s Yield is not an issue, if i get an O I would be exstatic!
    ConanTroutman Reviewed by ConanTroutman on . Small Space; lowryder or controlled normal strain? Je me presente, complete noob here attempting first grow (hypothetically,its all a joke,I dont do illegal stuff i swear) but with plenty of research done.However i realise that practical experience is vital so thats where you come in. This thread should hopefully become my log when I begin but for now a few questions. Basically I have a very limited grow space of H 70cm,W 60cm and D 60cm.Thats basically 2ftX2ftX2ft for non supporters of Napolean.The main question I have is this: Should I Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

By the way I only want to grow one plant like so is there enough space if I prune/top it and start flowering quite early?

the problem your gonna run into in such a small space is headroom
    can you fit an array of lights,a good exhaust fan, and the container the plant is going to go in as well as the plant? another foot or 2 would help tremendously
    as far as your strain question is concerned i would go with a well lst'd non-lowryder strain.
    any lowryder i've smoked has not been up to my potency standards, not to mention the fact that i can't hardly stand a sativa high.

if you LST, you got enough room, but you have to, i LSTed all my plants and they shoots are coming from all sides, im growing one in a pc box so i can experiment and the others in another small space, and i will move them to the attic soon cause they are getting too big ..almost, but search around, theres alot of people who grow in pc boxes, and your 2x2x2x2 is a little bigger then a pc case so your fine man, better then me and theres someone giving me pointers on breedbay, and they are any day from harvest with at least an ounce of mazar, he grew it under his bed
    Cannabis Forum, Cannabis seeds and Cannabis Seed Auction from Breedbay.

Thanks guys, exactly the advice I was looking for and you thankfully refrained from saying inane irrelevant stuff like '10 400watt HIDS and 30 white widows is the only commercially viable option.'
    I accidentally (its complicated) ended up with Arjan's Haze no1, unfortunately a very tall strain.I shall LST and top the shoots.A very short veg should help.I have germed it now and am waiting for the first leaves.
    Thanks!