Me and some of my friends are visiting Amsterdam this summer and just curious about the actual rules for carrying and smoking weed in the city/country. I've tried to research, but it is hard to find facts as there are a lot of different answers to the same question, so knowing which is right and wrong is not too easy. Here are some of the key questions I'd like answered:

1) Is it illegal to smoke, carry or buy weed in Amsterdam?

2) If yes on any of the above, what happens if you get caught? (jail, fine, removal of the weed etc.)

3) Is it true they stopped selling weed in coffee shops to turists? I heard it got out of hand and they made it illegal to sell to people who are not Dutch citizents.

4) How much is weed in 'Dam during summer times (early july)?

5) Where is it best to buy weed? (market, coffee shops, other places.)

Thanks in advance for all replies.
pettern Reviewed by pettern on . Could someone quickly walk me through the rules of weed in Amsterdam? Me and some of my friends are visiting Amsterdam this summer and just curious about the actual rules for carrying and smoking weed in the city/country. I've tried to research, but it is hard to find facts as there are a lot of different answers to the same question, so knowing which is right and wrong is not too easy. Here are some of the key questions I'd like answered: 1) Is it illegal to smoke, carry or buy weed in Amsterdam? 2) If yes on any of the above, what happens if you get Rating: 5