Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1471 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

airstones in soil?

well guys ive been thinking about roots getting enough oxygen so i am thinking :stoned:about putting an airstone for a hydro setup under the rootball on my next transplant does anyone forsee any trouble that could arise from this any input would be great :jointsmile:
    konvikt419 Reviewed by konvikt419 on . airstones in soil? well guys ive been thinking about roots getting enough oxygen so i am thinking :stoned:about putting an airstone for a hydro setup under the rootball on my next transplant does anyone forsee any trouble that could arise from this any input would be great :jointsmile: Rating: 5
    \"Hemp is of first necessity to the wealth & protection of the country.\" -Thomas Jefferson (It still is!):jointsmile:

2.   Advertisements

airstones in soil?

i think airstones break if you run them out of water for too long. just make sure you have a good soil mix. good drainage = good root aeration.

airstones in soil?

yeah i have good soil and my plant is doin fine i was just smokin and thinkin about that and couldnt come up with a good idea why it wouldnt work
    \"Hemp is of first necessity to the wealth & protection of the country.\" -Thomas Jefferson (It still is!):jointsmile:

airstones in soil?

I've thought about this also. I don't see a problem with doing it at all, but i'm also not sure it will do any good. It might just bubble up in one spot and make a hole to the surface.
    It would be an interesting test to try.
    And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

My Perpetual CFL Cabinet Adventure
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...adventure.html

airstones in soil?

NOt a good idea.

Too much oxygen will inhibit water uptake in the rooting system. Water will be pushed away from roots that need water as there are feeder roots.

As well, the soil around the roots themselveswill become super dry and harden.

Oxygen in normal soil setup is released only when needed. Artificial placement of oxygen is not what a plant needs.

airstones in soil?

I'm for giving it a try, I have been trying to think of getting away too get more oxygen too the roots since my last grow when the soil got so compacted not much of anything was getting in. maybe just put one in 1 plant and see how it works? my idea was a piece metal like a straw with tiny holes in it? plz let us know if you decide too put one in and experiment with this and your results. :thumbsup:

airstones in soil?

Quote Originally Posted by veggii
    I'm for giving it a try, I have been trying to think of getting away too get more oxygen too the roots since my last grow when the soil got so compacted not much of anything was getting in. maybe just put one in 1 plant and see how it works? my idea was a piece metal like a straw with tiny holes in it? plz let us know if you decide too put one in and experiment with this and your results. :thumbsup:
    Aloha, Inmate.

I just love to see folks:weedpoke:.
    So, if you want to try it, feel free.
    You could coil a length of "soaker hose" in the bottom of the pot.
    They work fine for air.
    Tell us how it works out for ya.

Be aware though that "Boner" is correct.
    Plant roots get their air from what is dissolved in the water they take in.

Yes they need air, but they also need constant moisture
    A dry root, is a dead root.
    On the other hand, a root in stagnant water, is a drowned and rotted root.

I have 5 gallons of roots on one bush completely submerged.
    Thanks to the 2 airstones in the bucket, she's bigger and healthier than any "mud-girl" I've ever grown.

Your airstone will be put to better use aerating the water that you use just before your Emerald girl's "happy hour."

That's my tupenny :twocents:. (cheap at twice the price)

Regards,
    Weezard

airstones in soil?

I'm going to try it, just not on my baby 35 days left give or take. but on my next grow I'm going to start one in a pot with the air-stone just an experiment hell why not . see if maybe you can keep it in a smaller pot longer? hell i don't know whats gonna happen. but its worth a shot! ill definitely keep the results posted up here should have a grow log started on this next grow to. keep your fingers crossed thanks for the input:jointsmile:

airstones in soil?

Just out of curiousity, how much of a difference would aerating your water prior to watering with an airstone make, compared to watering with tap water? It sounds like a pretty good idea, just makes we wonder why it isn't common practice

airstones in soil?

the more oxygen you can get them the better to a certain point :jointsmile:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast