Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1716 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Humility

Why do I often feel that there are many stoners who believe they are in some way superior to those who do not toke ?
    I can only say that in my experience that if someone is an idiot before they start toking they don't cease to be an idiot after sparking one up.

In some ways I am superior to the next man but by the same token they will have me dead beat on other things.

Swings and roundabouts. :thumbsup:
    psychocat Reviewed by psychocat on . Humility Why do I often feel that there are many stoners who believe they are in some way superior to those who do not toke ? I can only say that in my experience that if someone is an idiot before they start toking they don't cease to be an idiot after sparking one up. In some ways I am superior to the next man but by the same token they will have me dead beat on other things. Swings and roundabouts. :thumbsup: Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Humility

From what I've seen, if you're a dumbshit and you smoke weed, you'll stay that way, and gain a pasttime.

If you're brilliant and you smoke weed, you'll gain some insight and retain your prior intellect--smoking has no real affect on smarts.

However, I think what you see as our attitude of superiority exists to a degree because most of the people who have NEVER burned one have abstained due to their belief in government propaganda, and we're above that.

Humility

stupid people on both sides, smart people on both sides

one would have to do a statistical study to determine whether actual differences exist between both groups

Humility

Quote Originally Posted by overgrowthegovt
    However, I think what you see as our attitude of superiority exists to a degree because most of the people who have NEVER burned one have abstained due to their belief in government propaganda, and we're above that.
    Indeed! So we stoners are the ones who actually lives above the influence... of the government BS! :jointsmile::stoned::rastasmoke:

And for the OP... I think some stoners feels superior to non-stoners because they know a thing non-stoners doesnt know: how is to be high.

Being high is another state of consciousness, different from the usual "waking sober" one, and everything we do and are is very related to the state (or states) of consciousness we know.

For example, whenever i have to think about anything important, i think about it sober, then i smoke and think about it stoned. Usually the viewpoints i have in this differents states of consciousnes are very different. Analysing a thing when sober and when stoned gives me a better, a wider perspective than if i analysed it only sober, as non-stoners would do.

So, from this viewpoint a stoner actually has more resources, more knowledge, than the non-stoner, because it can see anything from two different viewpoints, instead only one.

Of course knowing more, or being wiser than other people doesnt give anyone the right to feel superior. But unfortunately many people think it does, and feels like this...

Humility

i used to think that stoners were superior to non stoners on account that they were at least open minded enough to try something different than the norm.

but now i dont think in terms of superiority or inferiority. we all make decisions, our decisions are influenced by experiences and our environment, which is, as well, a contributor to our experiences and influences.

ultimately there are no truths beyond perception, and we're all entitled to our own opinions.

This is only good or bad when it influences others as such.

Humility

Anyone familiar with Walter Benjamin? He thought being high was necessary in order to wake up from the actual trance we all find ourselves in in modern life. He was talking more about psychedelics, but weed can do the trick too, to a lesser extent....if you get high and you have a soul that can pick up on things, you sure the hell will. If you get high and you have a closed mind or a low intellect, it won't matter one bit.

Humility

I think that if anyone thinks they are superior to someone just because of the fact that they smoke weed and the other does not, then that is a blatant definition of ignorance and stupidity. Anyone who thinks smoking weed makes them superior to someone who does not is a complete tool.

This takes me back to intro to philosophy.

To begin this argument, you need to define what is superiority. There's actually way more you must define. You have to rewrite plato and socrates and redefine value, morals, etc.

This argument is non sequitor, or a logical fallacy.

I call BS!
    Im pretty rad. If you want, check out my grow log. Main grow log.
    This one too..pics n stuffs.
    Grow log, questions, etc.

Humility

As to the title: "Humility"--it can be nice, yes, but not entirely necessary, I don't think. If Bob Dylan had been humble he'd probably never have written half the biting lyrics he did, or had the guts to condemn modern music.

Humility

Quote Originally Posted by halfassedjedi
    I think that if anyone thinks they are superior to someone just because of the fact that they smoke weed and the other does not, then that is a blatant definition of ignorance and stupidity. Anyone who thinks smoking weed makes them superior to someone who does not is a complete tool.

This takes me back to intro to philosophy.

To begin this argument, you need to define what is superiority. There's actually way more you must define. You have to rewrite plato and socrates and redefine value, morals, etc.

This argument is non sequitor, or a logical fallacy.

I call BS!

also, i considered myself superior to the people who believed drug users were inferior people. mind you, this is all past tense, i've learned a lot about respect, free will, and being.

but i still find intolerant people to be lesser people than those who display patience and at least respect, even if they become intolerant of something or someone.

lesser people attack things they do not like. greater people learn to coexist.

Humility

Humility is simply a question of accepting that on a universal scale we as individuals know pretty much fuck all !

Our opinions will always be biased.
    We are creatures with limits.

If I choose to ignore my limitations then I cease to strive to improve , I have to know where my limits are in order to aim higher.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook