Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1634 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Humility

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner Shadow Wolf
    also, i considered myself superior to the people who believed drug users were inferior people. mind you, this is all past tense, i've learned a lot about respect, free will, and being.

but i still find intolerant people to be lesser people than those who display patience and at least respect, even if they become intolerant of something or someone.

lesser people attack things they do not like. greater people learn to coexist.
    of course. intolerance is just as bad as ignorance. its biased.
    Im pretty rad. If you want, check out my grow log. Main grow log.
    This one too..pics n stuffs.
    Grow log, questions, etc.

2.   Advertisements

Humility

There's no use in thinking yourself inferior or superior to anyone else.
    The only thing that matters is that you are superior to your former self. :hippy:

For some people weed makes them lesser, some greater, it depends on whether it broadens your perception or stifles it.

Some use weed for the pleasure, others can use it for much more. :stoned:

Humility

Quote Originally Posted by WeedFairy91
    There's no use in thinking yourself inferior or superior to anyone else.
    The only thing that matters is that you are superior to your former self. :hippy:

For some people weed makes them lesser, some greater, it depends on whether it broadens your perception or stifles it.

Some use weed for the pleasure, others can use it for much more. :stoned:

Exactly, man. We can never be greater or lesser than anyone or anything but our own Self.

Humility

Smoking is an activity such as reading and listening to music. You don't feel supirior to anyone who does any of those things do you? People over analize shit like that too much because of the message the media is sending to people about it. Marijuana is a passage way into your inner self. If someone acts like an idiot after smoking they are displaying to you their inner mind and heart, so why judge them? Judge no one. Dislike people, but love evreyone. Love that they are an individual and there is no other like them. Appreciate them. Never hate.
    The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas, i.e., the class which is the ruling material force of society, is at the same time its ruling intellectual force.
    -Karl Marx

Humility

Quote Originally Posted by highasarobin
    Smoking is an activity such as reading and listening to music. You don't feel supirior to anyone who does any of those things do you? People over analize shit like that too much because of the message the media is sending to people about it. Marijuana is a passage way into your inner self. If someone acts like an idiot after smoking they are displaying to you their inner mind and heart, so why judge them? Judge no one. Dislike people, but love evreyone. Love that they are an individual and there is no other like them. Appreciate them. Never hate.

Yeah, sorry, but i REEEEEEAAAAAAALLLY hate ignoring irresponsible people and letting irresponsible children run the world.

YEeeaaahhhh.... no... i hate politicians and lobbyists. always and forever.

Now, if they got stoned every once in a while.... maybe they would wake up and realize how much they're wasting their lives and ruining other peoples'

Humility

Quote Originally Posted by Coelho
    Indeed! So we stoners are the ones who actually lives above the influence... of the government BS! :jointsmile::stoned::rastasmoke:

And for the OP... I think some stoners feels superior to non-stoners because they know a thing non-stoners doesnt know: how is to be high.

Being high is another state of consciousness, different from the usual "waking sober" one, and everything we do and are is very related to the state (or states) of consciousness we know.

For example, whenever i have to think about anything important, i think about it sober, then i smoke and think about it stoned. Usually the viewpoints i have in this differents states of consciousnes are very different. Analysing a thing when sober and when stoned gives me a better, a wider perspective than if i analysed it only sober, as non-stoners would do.

So, from this viewpoint a stoner actually has more resources, more knowledge, than the non-stoner, because it can see anything from two different viewpoints, instead only one.

Of course knowing more, or being wiser than other people doesnt give anyone the right to feel superior. But unfortunately many people think it does, and feels like this...

i know exactly what you mean man! I have smoked weed all though college and i used to to help me understand physics and calculus. I tried my best to understand it sober, then id go smoke a bowl and come back and try to understand it again, and it would make sense this time. The concepts of it all i mean, not the actual calculations. lol.

Humility

Quote Originally Posted by Stoner Shadow Wolf
    i used to think that stoners were superior to non stoners on account that they were at least open minded enough to try something different than the norm.

but now i dont think in terms of superiority or inferiority. we all make decisions, our decisions are influenced by experiences and our environment, which is, as well, a contributor to our experiences and influences.

ultimately there are no truths beyond perception, and we're all entitled to our own opinions.

This is only good or bad when it influences others as such.
    everything in life is just perception.. Im still trying to wake up from this dream. Like success is just what we perceive it to be but in "reality" success is nothing.. just like somebody being a failure is just what we perceive them to be.
    \"The only thing constant in the universe is change. If you\'re up you\'re going to be down tomorrow. If you\'re down you\'re going to be up....... You start on a journey and the most exciting part of your journey is the twist and turns where you dont know what\'s coming next. If you do know what\'s coming next there is something in the universe that will change that.\" - Tommy Chong - \"Words of an old pot head\"

Humility

Quote Originally Posted by psychocat
    Why do I often feel that there are many stoners who believe they are in some way superior to those who do not toke ?
    Interesting topic of discussion!

I think, that this perception of stoners "appearing" to think they are superior, comes from the fact that most people who toke are the ones that don't walk the beaten path, we tend to consider ourselves "enlightened" in some way because we're somewhat rebellious in what we do. Wether we actually truly THINK we are superior to anyone else, depends on the person, but I think that in MOST cases it's OTHER peoples perceptions that we think we are... If that makes any sense...

Quote Originally Posted by overgrowthegovt
    If you're brilliant and you smoke weed, you'll gain some insight and retain your prior intellect--smoking has no real affect on smarts.

However, I think what you see as our attitude of superiority exists to a degree because most of the people who have NEVER burned one have abstained due to their belief in government propaganda, and we're above that.
    Both very good points, but I gotta argue with the first one, I feel dumb as Sh** after smoking some sometimes haha. But I think that's more because my head is so full of stuff it comes out weird and I feel like I don't make sense when really I do...

Quote Originally Posted by overgrowthegovt
    Anyone familiar with Walter Benjamin? He thought being high was necessary in order to wake up from the actual trance we all find ourselves in in modern life. He was talking more about psychedelics, but weed can do the trick too, to a lesser extent....if you get high and you have a soul that can pick up on things, you sure the hell will. If you get high and you have a closed mind or a low intellect, it won't matter one bit.
    There are many substances that can defenitely "open the mind" to things... There is unlimited potential in the human brain that certain chemicals can stimulate and awaken... Problem being that some of those doors remain open, even after the substance is long gone, so better be careful about asking the question if you don't want to know the answer!!

DMT, LSD, MDMA, Psylocybin, are all ones that come to mind that can induce spiritual-type experiences (aside from a hell of a trip) I am a firm believe that these sorts of chems used in the proper mindset can absolutely awaken the mind... IF you want them to.

Humility

By the end of 2012 nobody will give a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by psychocat
    Why do I often feel that there are many stoners who believe they are in some way superior to those who do not toke ?
    I can only say that in my experience that if someone is an idiot before they start toking they don't cease to be an idiot after sparking one up.

In some ways I am superior to the next man but by the same token they will have me dead beat on other things.

Swings and roundabouts. :thumbsup:

Humility

My father is an asshole who beats women and children. He smokes. My grandfather is a wonderful, gentle man who doesn't. I smoke, and I'm much more like my grandfather than my father, mostly because my grandfather raised me and my father did not.

Who you are is much more dependent on what you experience, the decisions you make, the things you read, and the effort you put into being a worthwhile human being than it is your choice of inebriation. Kindness, patience, and an open mind trumps all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook