Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1308 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Noob starting a closet grow!

Hey all, iv been reading through the posts for a few days and im still unsure how i should go about this. Im going to be building a box for my closet and I will be starting it with just one or two kush clones.

The base of the box will be 3ft wide and 3ft long and about 4ft tall.

I just have a few basic beginner questions before i go out and purchase my materials.

1) What soil would be best for vegging the clones?
    2) How many times do i want to water them in a day?
    3) What type of lights would be ideal to use throughout the whole grow? Or do i need to switch lights?
    4) Would 2 125mm PC fans be okay to use as intakes and 1 125mm fan for exhaust?

Im new at this, and my roommates already have some of their plants growing. Just trying to get some better advice. Thanks! :jointsmile:
    VaporBros Reviewed by VaporBros on . Noob starting a closet grow! Hey all, iv been reading through the posts for a few days and im still unsure how i should go about this. Im going to be building a box for my closet and I will be starting it with just one or two kush clones. The base of the box will be 3ft wide and 3ft long and about 4ft tall. I just have a few basic beginner questions before i go out and purchase my materials. 1) What soil would be best for vegging the clones? 2) How many times do i want to water them in a day? 3) What type of Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

1) Planting soil with no ferts, buy perlite to mix it with
    2)not a day more like twice a week maybe less u want it to get some what dry before watering
    3)A 250 hps with a agro bulb would do just fine
    4)I think it be better to have them all blowing air out and just cut a couple other holes for intake(not sure tho)

no you want to go to lowes and get a some stuff you mix in the water that helps develop root growth and then put the clone in just regular potting soil but better get the miracle grow kind and put the clone in the water while you prepare the pot and soil then put your clone in the soil and pour the rest of the water on the soil and at this point your soil should all be wet. then you want to keep the lights on 24/7 and water constantly it should never get dry until you see roots. you want to keep it wet as possible to promote root growth if you let it dry then it will die.

okay cool. I think ill be purchasing two 2 1/2ft florescent daylights and ill be hanging them for future adjusting. I'll take a look at some hormone growth additive for the water.

i figure 1 exhaust fan at the very top and 2 intake fans on the bottom should be just fine.

How do I power the fans since they are from a PC?

more input would be awesome guys! id love for thois to turn out great my first time

Quote Originally Posted by VaporBros
    more input would be awesome guys! id love for thois to turn out great my first time

hi guy, take a walk through my garden if you like and if you have any
    questions, feel free to ask away.

another thing you can do is to read all the sticky's at the top of
    each of the different forums.

if you follow my advice, the questions you ask will demonstrate
    to all that you have done your homework and so will earn you
    respect.

anyway, good luck and have fun

don't do intake fans. exhaust only! passive (no fan) intake(s).