Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1330 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

some random thoughts

yesterday i was watching decoding the past on the history or some such channel. it talked about the christian bible was basically a copy of stories and myths from Sumeria in Mesopotamia written some 1000 years earlier.

in the Sumerian texts Adam had a first wife names Lilith (sp). Lilith and Adam were having sex in the missionary position when Lilith told Adam something to effect of "you can't always take in the missionary position. you can't always be on top. i should get to be on top sometimes.". Adam doesn't stand for it and Lilith leaves Adam and starts hanging out with demons and eating children. that's where lullaby comes form. there was an ancient Hebrew saying to the effect of "Lilith avi", which translates loosely to Lilith be gone.

i thought that was pretty interesting. in the second episode of the back-to-back that were on they talked about prophecy. the biggest work of prophecy that was presented by the show was the bible. i thought it was interesting that a religion that killed millions of people as witches and heretics for prophesying and the like is built on the same thing. don't believe that believe mine, and if you don't do as we like we'll kill you! good stuff there.

the show talked about how the western world is impacted everyday because of our beliefs (obviously). on things such as women (not so much now, except for in organized religion) and snakes and the like. in the Koran's version of the Garden of Eden, Eve didn't make Adam eat the fruit but they decided to do it together. and the snake was a god like creature.

that second part led me to think about how self-centered Christianity is. you are taught to worship one God who is omnipotent, all-knowing smiting and punishing. and you are doing it for your own eternal salvation. and if you don't follow the rules you are going to hell. that's pretty crazy to me.

i much prefer a Buddhist-esque approach. i just try to be the best person that i can be today, not for my own benefit, but to help do my part to make the world a better place. to make a positive impact on someones life everyday. they do the same and it increases exponentially. this is all predicated on the fact that everyone else does or is willing to do the same. is that not what one should do? give selflessly without thought of anything in return? and if you get something back in return it is just a bonus.

i'm not saying my idea is perfect, and it's just that, my idea. i'm also not knocking religion. it's just not for me. i mean if you are christian or whatnot and go to church and it makes you a better person they i'm all for it. just don't get caught up in all the drama and theater of it. and don't believe everything they tell you. they tell you that for a reason. as long as man has an input the outcome will be tainted.

just open your mind and question! just a little food for thought.

-shake
    headshake Reviewed by headshake on . some random thoughts yesterday i was watching decoding the past on the history or some such channel. it talked about the christian bible was basically a copy of stories and myths from Sumeria in Mesopotamia written some 1000 years earlier. in the Sumerian texts Adam had a first wife names Lilith (sp). Lilith and Adam were having sex in the missionary position when Lilith told Adam something to effect of "you can't always take in the missionary position. you can't always be on top. i should get to be on top Rating: 5
    \"happy trees\"

[SIZE=\"2\"]troubleshooting form[/SIZE]

\"some of my sweets be tight and some of my sweets be fucked up, but all of my sweets gon\' blow so killa smoke gets sucked up...\" -Bun B
    [SIZE=\"2\"]
    \"But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.\"[/SIZE] [SIZE=\"2\"]-Deceleration of Independence[/SIZE]

2.   Advertisements

some random thoughts

Very wise insight! Always question.

some random thoughts

My only advice is be careful with what you watch, and with the amount of trust you put in it. We know very well that the media usually shows the things the way THEY wish, and not the things as they actually are. Im pretty sure everybody already noticed that the same news is reported in different ways by different tv stations, or newspapers, or whatever. And sometimes the difference is enormous. If they do this with facts, that can be "physically" proven, much more they can do with theories, or histories, or whatever that be less "concrete" than facts. So, they can manipulate it to almost any way they wish, and so convey any thought or idea they wish under any disguise they think appropriate. And most people will watch it and accept is as it was stated, without bothering to think about how it could have been distorted, changed or altered in any way by the media presenting it.
    So, take everything you watch on tv (or read or whatever) with a grain of salt (at the VERY least). Cause who knows how true it actually is?

some random thoughts

no doubt Coelho! that was kinda what i was saying. and i wasn't particulary agreeing with the tv shows. just fun to get an alternative version. i appreciate the intellectual stimulation. i just wanted to share some info that was learned and more importantly the thoughts that were provoked. that's all. i totally agree about what's put on the news or tv and what's read. of course someone decides. and the issue can be twisted to pieces and presented to portray a certain view that's not really close to what the truth might be. appreciate the feedback though.

-shake
    \"happy trees\"

[SIZE=\"2\"]troubleshooting form[/SIZE]

\"some of my sweets be tight and some of my sweets be fucked up, but all of my sweets gon\' blow so killa smoke gets sucked up...\" -Bun B
    [SIZE=\"2\"]
    \"But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.\"[/SIZE] [SIZE=\"2\"]-Deceleration of Independence[/SIZE]