Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1358 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My First Grow: Hydroponic in an Ebb & Flow bucket system

So I'm about to begin my first grow. Just put the seeds in water to soak for 24 hours at 7pm. Wooo!!!!

My room setup:
    1 Homebox XXL
    2 Sunlight Supply Super Sun 2
    2 Lumatek 1000w digital 120v ballast
    2 Hortilux Blue 1000w MH for vegetation
    2 Hortilux Super HPS 1000w for flowering
    1 Vortex 6" 449 CFM inline fan
    1 run of the mill oscillating fan to keep circulation well
    12 Site Multi Flow Complete Hydroponic Ebb & Flow Garden System with 50 gallon reservoir
    1 75 gallon air pump for my reservoir
    2 23" bubble wands for my reservoir
    1 CAP Ozn Jr Ozone generation

I plan on using WeedHound's nutrient schedule for my first time.

My first grow I'm germinating 7 Sagamartha Blue Thunder (Matanuska Tundra x Blueberry). Males I think I'm gonna put plastic bags over and shake off pollen after flowering and store so in the future I can make my own seeds and then dump them. From the females I will pick the best and move to a smaller homebox which will become the mother/clone room. Really excited!!!

I'll update tomorrow when I put my seeds in damp paper towel and paper plates!

and of course my first question: Should I purchase a CO2 booster bucket with pump? Or is it feasible to use fresh yeast or dry yeast and sugar (I have unlimited access to fresh and dry yeast and sugar in my profession) to produce CO2?

If I add CO2, at what stage should I?

Thanks everyone!
    Biggins Reviewed by Biggins on . My First Grow: Hydroponic in an Ebb & Flow bucket system So I'm about to begin my first grow. Just put the seeds in water to soak for 24 hours at 7pm. Wooo!!!! My room setup: 1 Homebox XXL 2 Sunlight Supply Super Sun 2 2 Lumatek 1000w digital 120v ballast 2 Hortilux Blue 1000w MH for vegetation 2 Hortilux Super HPS 1000w for flowering 1 Vortex 6" 449 CFM inline fan 1 run of the mill oscillating fan to keep circulation well Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Woah I just saw some powder shoot from seed!

damn, sounds like a nice setup man. co2 can be added anytime, and allows plants to grow in hotter environments. the whole yeast thing, i would avoid. levels are hard to control accurately and if you were able to afford all that other bomb equipment, might as well get the tank and regulator setup. on the other hand, if you have good venting, co2 isnt necessary. gives better (up to 2x) yields, but not necessary. best of luck man. i'm subscribed just cause of all your fancy shit! you get positive rep for being able to afford that.

Its an investment, will save me money in the long run.

Houston we have tap root. Have 3 White russian and 3 Blue Thunder seeds with wee little tap roots coming out the bottom of the seed. Dropped them into rapid rooters, lets hope its gravy from here!

Question: When should I start supplying nutrients?

Sounds like your off to a good start.
    you'll want to start feeding after the fifth true leaf set emerges.
    check out Stinkyattic's thread for first grows
    http://boards.cannabis.com/basic-gro...-dankness.html

subscribed...
    And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat. I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

My Perpetual CFL Cabinet Adventure
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...adventure.html

haha white russian seeds grew tap roots that pushed them out of their rapid rooters! I gotta push them back down!

Tossed a drop of superthrive in some water and soaked my higromite overnight. Getting ready to move the white russians into their new homes! I'll put up a pic later.

Houston, we have cotelydons! One of the white russians has emerged and is about to go under the light with some superthrive! GRow my first child!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast