Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1609 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

how to fix a metal pipe?

i'm not sure if this is the right place, but i have a metal pipe with unscrewable and rescrewable chambers. the actual bowl piece where the weed goes no longer screws on tightly anymore. i figured maybe superglue would work if i glued it on the outside part where it wouldn't interact with the weed, but that brings up two complications, according to my friend. i could no longer scrap right under that part for resin unless i ripped it off and re-glued it everytime. the other is that my friend said i'd basically be smoking the glue. so any suggestions on how to fix it, or should i just get another pipe? and i refuse to smoke out of a tinny.
    chrisscorsese88 Reviewed by chrisscorsese88 on . how to fix a metal pipe? i'm not sure if this is the right place, but i have a metal pipe with unscrewable and rescrewable chambers. the actual bowl piece where the weed goes no longer screws on tightly anymore. i figured maybe superglue would work if i glued it on the outside part where it wouldn't interact with the weed, but that brings up two complications, according to my friend. i could no longer scrap right under that part for resin unless i ripped it off and re-glued it everytime. the other is that my friend Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

how to fix a metal pipe?

Get another pipe.
    Super Glue contains a Cyanide compound... NEVER use it on your pieces, especially in an area that gets hot and causes it to off-gas fumes. MMMM cyanoacrylate ftw! My fave!
    :dead:

Also scraping resin is giving you... well, a lot of nasty tar and unburned plant material for the tiny amount of psychoactives you get. It's really bad for you, like all the nasty shit in bong water concentrated to smokeable form, with greasy shit stuck tot eh sides of the bong added for good measure.

how to fix a metal pipe?

if you clean it you could weld it together

how to fix a metal pipe?

well i think cleaning it is what broke it in the first place, because everytime i scraped the resin (yes, you don't have to repeat it, i know it's terrible and a last-resort desperate thing to do) i scraped too hard where the piece screws on.

i'll probably just get another pipe then, though it might be difficult for me to find since not that many people, including my family, know i smoke.

how to fix a metal pipe?

Even a lot of gas stations sell little pot pipes, especially in and around cities. The ones run by Pakistani families seem to have the best deals on sweet imported pipes, like those pretty carved-stone ones.
    Good luck!

how to fix a metal pipe?

LOL, Stinky,
    I was just talking to a riding buddy about that. We are going this weekend to hit all the foreigner ran stations around here and see which ones have decent stuff for future reference.

BTW, not to thread jack... just I have a metal pipe question....
    the very first time I hit a pipe (honestly dont think it was herb in the bowl...), it was a home made copper pipe made from copper plumbing pipes. He soldered all the joints to seal it.
    Would this be a mistake?
    Would copper or solder off-gas like the superglue idea? I know if I use a torch I can melt the solder, but I am talking about using a regular bic lighter or zippo....
    thanks

how to fix a metal pipe?

Well, there are many preparations of solder, for different applications. Traditional solder is made of lead, sometimes with a rosin 'flux' added to it to help adhesion to the metal being soldered. Flux is often made of tree sap, and I imagine would be quite tarry and bod for you if there was any residue left, and lead- well, that one goes without saying! More modern solders can be purchased lead-free; these are much more expensive and made of tin.
    The safest method would actually be BRAZING, which uses metal such as brass that requires a lot higher temperature to melt, or of course welding, where the metal itself is melted together without use of a second metal.

Personally, I'd avoid anything containing lead. The others probably won't give you issues at Bic temperature, lol.

how to fix a metal pipe?

Instead of screwing around with a junky pipe, make you a waterpipe. Don't try to smoke the resin.... thats the worst thing you can do to your lungs. You might as well be trying to smoke asphalt, and it will do about the same thing to your lungs, and be just as nasty.

Simple water pipe filters out a lot of the nasty stuff, cools the smoke, smoothes out even the rankest schwag and dirt weed. Plus you only need a fraction of the weed to get you high as hell.

how to fix a metal pipe?

throw it away and get a glass pipe

how to fix a metal pipe?

Sorry to hear about the pipe but i also agree with the others. Its time to buy a new metal one. They are all over the place online for cheap, or at a tobacco store, or your nearest smoke shop. I love when i get a new pipe. But if you absolutely positively need to fix the metal pipe, i would recommend Lok-tite(spelling?!) But i don't think that would be good to smoke with. Just buy a new one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast