Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1328 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Purple Wreck and Bubblicious girls girls girls

Well after my first 6 plants out of bag seed all turned out to be boys I am happy as a pig in shit! I ordered seeds on 8/3 and they arrived on 8/7. I started seeds on 8/8 and had sprouts ready to plant by 8/12. Started with 2 low Ryder (both boys), 3 wreck(1 girl), and 3 bubblicious(2 girls). Of the 3 girsl 1 bubble and 1 wreck are in hydro and 1 bubble is in soil. Lighting is 2 sunblaze 24 with mixed red and blue bulbs and 2 side flourescent. I think my total lumens is 12,000 using only 150 watts. The soil is equal parts scotts patio, spagnum moss, perilite, and sand. The fertilizer is fox grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom. I had lights on 24/7 for the first 2 weeks and then 18 6 for another week. I went to 12/12 to start the flowering on 9/4 at 3 weeks. The boys all showed quickly and the bubble girls showed in 7-8 days while the Wreck girl just showed today :clap:. The 2 in the hydro are both real nice with multiple branching. The bubble in hydro has 20 prominant branches with many secondary branches forming. The wreck top fan leaves have 13 leaf tips compared to 9 for the bubble. The bubble hydro is 23 inches and the wreck hydro is 19 inches.

I have some pictures but it says I can not post attachments?
    baggsend Reviewed by baggsend on . Purple Wreck and Bubblicious girls girls girls Well after my first 6 plants out of bag seed all turned out to be boys I am happy as a pig in shit! I ordered seeds on 8/3 and they arrived on 8/7. I started seeds on 8/8 and had sprouts ready to plant by 8/12. Started with 2 low Ryder (both boys), 3 wreck(1 girl), and 3 bubblicious(2 girls). Of the 3 girsl 1 bubble and 1 wreck are in hydro and 1 bubble is in soil. Lighting is 2 sunblaze 24 with mixed red and blue bulbs and 2 side flourescent. I think my total lumens is 12,000 using only 150 Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Correction the flourescents I am running total 250 watts and 12,500 lumens. Hopefully I can post pictures for you guys soon the 2 hydro plants are huge and I know alot of people are interested in the purple wreck.

The bubble is the hydro plant on the right and the purple wreck is the hydro on the left. The bubble is flowering like crazy. The bubble in the back is in soil and is tall but way behind the hydros in branch growth.

When I decided to start growing my goal was to put together a complete low cost system that would not consume gobs of electricity. Initially I wanted the capability to clone and have enough light to flower 4-6 plants with good yields. I actually got everything but the soil mix from ebay sellers. My total cost so far not counting electricity is $685. The only things I want to add are 2 more sunblaze 24 so that I can have the ability to do seperate growth and flowering. The sunblaze 24 with 4 mixed blue/red bulbs are $100 each. Also I am going to make a ventilation system for flowering.
    Here is everything I got;
    • 2 Sunblaze 24 CFL
    • 3 small 24 watt cfl
    • 2 4 plant hydro deep water tanks
    • clonex cloning solution
    • 1 sheet rock wool starter cubes
    • 2 duel outlet pumps
    • 4 air stones
    • 16 lbs hydroton grow media
    • 1 each spagnum moss, peters soil, sand, perilite
    • PH test strips
    • 1 each 32 oz Fox Grow Bib, Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom
    • Seeds 13 purple Wreck, 10 Bubblicious, 5 Low Ryder #2

Today I did 4 clones, 2 purple wreck and 2 bubblicious. I used rockwell cubes, clonex and the the mixed media soil. I used the small lower branches that had not started flowering yet. Then I removed all the lower leaves from the cuttings and did 45 cuts just below where the lower leaves were removed. Then I opened up the rockwool cube so the stem could slide down in. I coated the openings with clonex and then dipped each cutting stem in the clonex and inserted into the rockwell cube. I placed the cubes fully into the mixed soil and have them under 1 24 watt cfl. Hopefully this works out ok and I get 4 nice female plants.

All 3 plants are now flowering like crazy. A couple things of note are with 2 solid weeks on big gloom and tiger bloom yesterday I added grow big fertilizer back in. I am giving them 50% more than the Fox recomendations and they seem to love it. The hydro girls are so thirsty that I am adding 1/2 gallon every 2 days.

If you look in the first pic (posted on 9/18),of the 3 plants you can see strings attached to the top of the bubble girl in soil. I bent the top over about 4 inches down till it could not support itself. It only took a day and it is back up and twine removed. I am hoping it will slow down this ones very rapid top growth.

woops each sunblaze 24 is 8000 lumens and the side cfl's are each 2,000 lumens so my total lumens is about 22,000. i musta been too :stoned: figuring that out before lol.

I was only expecting to get maybe 1 ounce per plant. Now that I am seeing how quickly the hydros are flowering and gowing I am starting to wonder if I will get more? Also wondering if I should do any trimming now or just let them grow as they are?

I got kush to try yesterday and in it was one very funky seed inside one bud. It was the only seed in the bag, The seed has gray and black equal size stripes on it. The kush had a citrus aftertaste and was really good.

Since my last post all 3 plants have gotten alot of crystals and are starting to get real stickey. Fortunately I have had no health issues and just did a complete water change in the hydro container(the first). All the trichomes are white with the exception of the big top bud on the soil bubble plant which is starting to get cloudy. The bubble and purple wreck hydro are flowering well down all the branch nodes. The bubble hydro is 35 inches and the purple wreck hydro is 27 inches. The purple wreck is starting to show purple in the top. Also 4 of the 5 clones I did have finally started to root, the 5th did not make it. While the 4 gallon hydro may be bit small I have not had any issues and am really pleased with the results so far. I am almost through the 1 quart tiger bloom and will need to order some more of it but the grow big and big bloom will easily have enough for my clone grow. Hopefully my nooby luck holds for the next 3-4 weeks :smokin:

Hi.
    It's looking really nice m8. Also nice to see another Swede.

Check out the social group in my sig below and join up.
    And good luck with your grow.

Puffzter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast