Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1427 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

smoking weed while pregnant

I was a daily toker when I became pregnant, but I stopped smoking for the duration of the pregnancy. I did, however, discover the beauty of edibles. The baby wasn't ingesting smoke, but my anxiety and nausea were curbed. :thumbsup: And isn't shopping so much more fun when you're high? All those cutesy little baby things just look a little cuter.

Smoking does lead to low birth weight, weather it be herb or cigs.
    Edibles eliminate that smoke into your lungs, and yet you get a full body high that lasts longer, and hey: you can eat your treats ANYWHERE! Who the hell looks at a pregnant woman strangely for eating candy and brownies at work? Or in her car? Or wherever?

I had a wonderful O.B. who was from Canada and told me quite frankly that the only possible risk would be that of low birth weight. The U.S. has not put one single penny into researching what cannabis does to a fetus, so that alone should tell you something.
    p.s. my child was born almost 11 pounds (those edibles are a bit fattening) and his mental development has been at an extremely highly advanced level for 15 years now.

2.   Advertisements

hi...just wanted to share my experience with the good herb and pregnancy....my wife smoked everyday...was not sick even one day...my baby was 10lbs 6.4oz....the record for the hospital....has not been sick one day in 9 years....and whip smart too... actions speak louder than empty words ...

My wife is pregnant and was sick as a dog. Nothing the doctor prescribed worked to relieve it. She is 28 weeks now and past the sick stage, but I wish I would have found this post earlier. Thanks for the info everyone, I might need it for next time.

I've heard that it's ok to toke while being pregnant and can greatly decrease nausea and morning sickness....I'm sure there is some medical value but I would definitely talk to your doctor before making any real decisions. I've never been pregnant so my feedback is purely my opinion!

Congrats on becoming a mommy!!! :jointsmile:

I doubt some to take away the sickness and pain is going to hurt, maybe you should start cooking it or vaporizing to be healthier If you smoke a lot now you may want to try and cut back so you dont start smoking a lot more in your pregnancy. And I doubt you'll be able to smoke nearly as much as you do know for the first few months at least when the babies born so if you would find it hard to quite altogether then cutting back now would be a good idea.

i wouldnt smoke while pregnant,because smoke is smoke wether it be from bud or tobacco i doubt any of it would be good for the baby,smoking for the first few months wouldnt be bad bad but when the baby is growing say 3-5 months i would stop....

Quote Originally Posted by middieman440
    i wouldnt smoke while pregnant,because smoke is smoke wether it be from bud or tobacco i doubt any of it would be good for the baby,smoking for the first few months wouldnt be bad bad but when the baby is growing say 3-5 months i would stop....
    You must be a man because you have it backwards, lol *giggle*. If your concern is impact on the baby and had to chose the one trimester on which enviromental influences have the most likely chance to effect normal development, it is the first trimester when foundations are being laid.

hi there...what about smoking hashish...is it the same?

My wifey is currently pregnant,I believe around 30 weeks.She is still smokin' as it helps aleviate her aches and pains and whatever else she may have going on. My oldest who just turned 3 is super high functioning and super smart and his mom smoked while preggers with him. Main thing you gotta do is find out what the rules for whre you live are,and talk to doctors and find out what they are cool with.

Quote Originally Posted by bluntwiz
    Im planning on getting pregnant and i smoke pot regularly.. i know it ll be hard for me to stop but am willing to do so for the wellbeing of my baby..

my husband and i constantly argue about this.. he doesnt smoke and hates the idea of me smoking while pregnant.

...i was wondering what your opinions are on this...
    I responded to a similar question on another site an got alot of people upset, so i will try to be less provocative.TRUST ME BW. LISTEN TO WAT UR MATERNAL INSTINCT are TELLING U DONT DO IT ,IT CANT BE GOOD FOR THE BABY .an if you find the temptation to strong an have to have it ,i would think about getting a vaporizer or edibles an im not sure how safe they are,but they give you an alternative to smoking an the carcenigens that comes with it .but until then smoke one for me !!! sucks not having a girl who smokes so i feel .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast