Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1600 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

View Poll Results: What operating system do you use or prefer?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Windows (9x, 2000, XP, Vista...etc.)

41 61.19%
  • Macintosh OS

12 17.91%
  • Linux (Red Hat, Suse, Ubuntu, Mandrake/Mandriva...etc.)

14 20.90%
  • BSD

0 0%
  • BeOS

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

What OS do you use?

What operating system do you use? Do you like it or wish you used something else?
    kablizzo Reviewed by kablizzo on . What OS do you use? What operating system do you use? Do you like it or wish you used something else? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

What OS do you use?

Dual-booting Windows XP and Ubuntu (Linux). I prefer Ubuntu, but end up mostly using XP.

What OS do you use?

XP sp2

best microsoft has offered so far.. vista is just a fancy and a lil less incompatible version of xp imo

yes, i wish i possessed the knowledge to use a unix os on my system, thats d0pe!

What OS do you use?

I use linux. Ubuntu on my laptop with a cool weed leaf splash screen and theme. Suse on my desktop w/ windows as dual boot but I hardly ever touch windows.

What OS do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingimam
    yes, i wish i possessed the knowledge to use a unix os on my system, thats d0pe!
    *nix is easy. Ubuntu (and most other distributions) is cool because you can use a "Live CD" to try it out. You just download the image, burn it onto a CD and it makes it bootable, so you can try out the OS without making any permanent changes to your system.

Which reminds me, I need to try out the OpenSolaris Live CD sometime ...

What OS do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Snootch
    *nix is easy. Ubuntu (and most other distributions) is cool because you can use a "Live CD" to try it out. You just download the image, burn it onto a CD and it makes it bootable, so you can try out the OS without making any permanent changes to your system.

Which reminds me, I need to try out the OpenSolaris Live CD sometime ...
    really? i didnt know this! I must set aside some time then!

What OS do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Billionfold
    I'm a Vista user.
    No complaints from me.
    :stoned:
    All that stuff about incompatibility is only if your computer/hardware is older than dirt.
    um, i love alot of older games, many wont work on vista and still many devices such as mp3 players or cell phones have issues

hardware aint an issue with a suped up gaming pc custom built 2008 by myself!

i have vista on laptop, and i tried to install/run my older games, and there are problems... most of the games will not get any updates/patches anymore despite being made after 2000

i just wait until i "have to" switch to vista... hopefully by then the ultimate version has its hefty price dropped a bit! im not the type of user who can suffice to home version OS!!

What OS do you use?

The only games I've had issues with are really, really old games. Hell, even Diablo, Diablo 2, and the original Half Life games work fine.

Sadly DOS games can't be played, and I played a lot of roguelikes and such.
    C&C generals ZH, im obsessed with and play online despite all the crappy FINAL EA bugs, but it jut wont work on vista! or at least i couldnt get it to work!

generally i would switch once more updates are out and price is lower, since xp's updates and support will be ended soon

but i aint in no rush...

What OS do you use?

i use vista, and i have yet to have a single problem. well, actually there is only one, small insignificant problem that ive continued to lead my life normally afterwards, but it didnt allow my external soundcard, which was an old version, to work, the drivers werent compatable. but then a few months later they fixed the problem, but i had already used another card, the one that actually came stock on the system works perfect. I like it, it is really cool looking, and once you disable the security checks for everytime you try to open a program it is fine, and that involves unclicking one checkbox in the security center.

What OS do you use?

The only games I've had issues with are really, really old games. Hell, even Diablo, Diablo 2, and the original Half Life games work fine.

Sadly DOS games can't be played, and I played a lot of roguelikes and such.
    it wasn't only that a lot of older games wouldn't work but a lot of the newest games ran extremely more worse on vista as opposed to xp. it still seems that way for some of the games. not to mention that you can't get directX 10 on xp. not that that is such a big deal, almost all games won't come close to touching the directX 10 or 10.1 specs before directX 11 is out. gotta love microsoft.

vista is okay. the 7 SKU thing is ridiculous. and all 7 versions come on the same disc. what a joke. it has some really cool features and some really not so cool features. it is overall better organized than xp.

flyingimam, you won't be forced to switch to vista. microsoft will stop supporting vista when the new windows (windows 7) comes out. the beta is supposed to be out in december. once again, got to love microsoft. microsoft has a system they use to where they only support the current and prior generation os. well i guess that's like being forced to switch, my bad.

i am currently using vista on a laptop. i actually like it better than xp, all except the game issues obviously and a few stability issues. i've been messing around with some of the *nix flavors. i can't decide which way i way to go yet. a lot of the wireless driver stuff is a pain in the butt too!

apparently HP is working on a linux distro for it's new touchsmart line. from what i've been reading could help put a crack where the chink in it's armor. should be interesting. not to mention apple is starting to gain more market share. i'd buy a mac if they weren't so damn overpriced. the OS is great but them controlling the hardware really sucks. i've played with some of the osX86 versions out there and they are still very buggy not to mention the drivers will drive you insane. i think apple will eventually release osX as a stand alone OS. that would rock! but who knows....

-shake
    \"happy trees\"

[SIZE=\"2\"]troubleshooting form[/SIZE]

\"some of my sweets be tight and some of my sweets be fucked up, but all of my sweets gon\' blow so killa smoke gets sucked up...\" -Bun B
    [SIZE=\"2\"]
    \"But, when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.\"[/SIZE] [SIZE=\"2\"]-Deceleration of Independence[/SIZE]

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook