Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1692 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

View Poll Results: What operating system do you use or prefer?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Windows (9x, 2000, XP, Vista...etc.)

41 61.19%
  • Macintosh OS

12 17.91%
  • Linux (Red Hat, Suse, Ubuntu, Mandrake/Mandriva...etc.)

14 20.90%
  • BSD

0 0%
  • BeOS

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

What OS do you use?

I use Windows and Linux (Dead Rat, CentOS, Debian) in my job.

I'm not going to rant about which is better as for different applications, each OS has good and bad points.

As for security, Windows obviously has more viri and exploits that are being picked at. The OS is installed on 90% of the worlds machines. If you wanted to write a virus to infect most people in the world or for criminal purposes, which OS you gonna target....

Mac and *nix users who think their OS is the shit need to sit back and think, if that OS was installed on 90% of the worlds machines, would the amount of exploits and viri be as high on their chosen OS as MS has on theirs?!? I think so.

If you want to see a bunch of exploits for any OS, language etc, have a look here - milw0rm - exploits : vulnerabilities : videos : papers : shellcode

Ok, I lied....
    </Rant>

What OS do you use?

Open suse linux.

The best linux distro out there, IMHO.

Visit opensuse.org to grab the install DVD.
    I was at the pet store buying a hamster and all I could think about was what kind of nutes I should get and how long I should keep it in veg for. I knew I had to get the hell out of there when I started thinking how I was going to LST the damed thing. imp:

3.   Advertisements

What OS do you use?

Windows XP

What OS do you use?

Windows 7.

What OS do you use?

i was tryin to do an xp dual boot with osx just to lazy to actually get to it but i got windows xp ultimate by johnny

What OS do you use?

I run OS X 10.6.

It works really well with my grow assistant software as this software was designed on a mac.

Of course like any good mac guy I've got the triple boot option. 1. Mac 2. Cent OS (For developing Asterisk applications) 3. Windows 7

What OS do you use?

I triple boot XP Vista and 7, I was bored one day. I got 7 CR4Cked b3PHORe 1+ C4Me 0ut

What OS do you use?

got vista on this machine, used to have a XP/SUSE machine, love KDE :thumbsup:

What OS do you use?

dual boot, fedora/gnome and MS XP (the black edition, v.2)

What OS do you use?

i think solaris is the coolest sounding name for an o/s i've used. Sun Solaris. :stoned: i've used just about all of 'em but mostly now thru secure interenets on my laptop which runs . . xp :stoned: yeah, i know. my new office i'm setting up this year will be nothing but mac, there will be no more ms widows in the my new green zone. :greenthumb:

. . . and i really want to hear more about this mac growing software. :detective1:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Amount:

Enter a message for the receiver:
BE SOCIAL
GreenGrassForums On Facebook