Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1642 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Granny Storm Crow's List-

But hon, next time, please go back and break it into paragraphs. It makes the reading so much easier!

How to get a card- Just go to your doctor or hospital and get a copy of your recent medical records. All of the reputable doctors require medical records. Basically, this is to weed out the "BS"ers. You just need to show that you really do have a real medical problem.

Next, go here- CA NORML Medical Marijuana Information and choose your doctor. Call a couple, the prices can vary quite a bit. Make your appointment, get the $, grab you medical records, go in and get legal! You'll get a normal first visit, with a pot lecture at the end.

Be sure to have the doctor WRITE ON YOUR RECOMMENDATION your personal plant and ounces limits! The laws are changing, but the doctor's word still tops the California law (but not federal law).

Really, if you have a legit medical problem, it is THAT easy! The county card (which puts you "in the system" on some level) is NOT needed! It does make things easier if you get busted, but if you are discrete, the chances of that happening are small.

I have found that strains vary in their effectiveness against migraine. Try a few different strains.

Hang in there, I know I have a form of S.A.D- seasonal affected disorder. My way of thinking changes between "summer mind" and "winter mind". I'll be changing over in the next few weeks. Hopefully, your confusion is based in this and will clear naturally as the sun returns.

Get outside where it is green. Get natural light in your eyes and go for a walk. Do something nice for someone else. Create something! It helps!

I have to go- I have an appointment soon. I'll get back to you.

Here's the latest on headaches-
    Inhaled Cannabis Aborts Cluster Headaches, Journal Reports
    Inhaled Cannabis Aborts Cluster Headaches, Journal Reports<br> <em>"Marijuana use at the onset of his headaches consistently brought complete relief within five minutes of inhalation for each attack"</em> - NORML

Granny :hippy:

ps- the link in my sig will get you to the newer version of the list!

2.   Advertisements

Hey Granny sorry about my messy typing. I have never been that good at it.
    I been doing a lot of research on Migraines, and also medical cannabis. I will get a card if the Herbal tea's don't cure me but until than im sticking to the diet and tea drinking.

As for the seasonal thing, I do not believe I am seasonal because I feel the same all year round. Specially when theater changes I get really sick no matter what time of the year. Also the sun helps a little in one aspect, but I am light sensative.

I pray that my confusion, and declining intelligence is from Chronic migraines, and nothing else. However, I'd like to fix it, because I wouldn't stand a chance in school. I put myself in a disability program at my college, so maybe it might help, though I still can compete with everyone. I usually compete with the people who study their "ass off" and usually out perform them though I don't study. However, I wish I had the ability to study. However, it is getting harder to do this because my memory is getting more difficult to obtain.

Yeah I also do know that medical cards wont get you completely out of trouble, but I know some people that have them and got caught, but they let them off easy except for taking their stash. I know times are changing and I hope everything they have been saying about legalizing mj will come true, and make it easier on everyone.

If or when I do obtain a card or recommendation thing, I read a little about the co-op thing, and also i read something about you saying that even they get in trouble or something. I read the co-op and mmj law a police statement site. They said they are growers/supplies for the patient. So would I be able to designate my best friends dad, and also would I be able to say the people I am going to be living with (roommates) also can be designated to they would least likely be caught or atleast be handle easier without my help of being a card holder?

Anyways, I appreciate your help! You are very helpful. I will keep everyone who suffers in my prayers, and I pray that herbal tea helps, specially that its very expensive for me. I hope things goes well with you appointment. Take care ... Steve

Is that the laws are changing rapidly.

Examples-

The old "6 mature/12 immature + 8 ounces" has been tossed as unconstitutional by the Cali Supreme Court.

Likewise, you no longer need to see your pot doc on an exact schedule (every June 15th, etc)- as long as you are reasonable about the time between visits, you're OK.

A California caretaker, now, must provide more than just pot to his patient. He has to take care of the person- take them to appointments, help them with everyday stuff, etc. A roommate would actually be more believable than your friend's dad, unless you moved in with them. There were a lot of news articles on it a few months back. (see below)

There is a bill that would legalize home grows of 10 plants or less. It would also tax commercial grows. But it is just a bill- not a law.

But with the new administration, and the growing trend toward MMJ, it is hard to predict just what is going to happen.

Here's my view of the future- I am hoping that in the next few months, cannabis will be properly rescheduled and then just left up to the individual states as to whether to have MMJ or not. Meanwhile, the DEA fights a winnable (because of the rapidly falling prices ) battle against illegal imported pot! The DEA gets to save face and still strut and play "drug war" for a bit longer. US personal growers (under 10 personal /25 medical? plants per adult) are left alone, as long as they don't sell. Commercial growers are subject to the same rules as any produce grower and pay taxes. Versatile hemp (fiber, seed, oil, feed, and meds) becomes the new "mortgage buster" for American farmers.

Incidentally, Cannabisnews is a great little news site. FoM ( a real sweet lady) will keep you up on all the current MJ news. I often find the comments to be way more informative than the news articles posted! A lot of fine folks post there! NORML's Paul Armentano (the dude who writes NORML's best articles) for one. It has a search feature and would be where I would begin to find the articles detailing the changes in the caretaker part of the law.

I didn't pay close attention to the changes in the "caretaker" part of the law, because as wife and "caretaker" for the hubby, I qualify in all senses of the term, so it didn't affect me.

And I hope you are getting sufficient natural "B" vitamins. Lack of them (and, being a water soluble vitamin, you need some every day) can mess with your head.

Have you tried ginkgo? Some folks say it helps clear the mind. I think it may help a bit with the "winter fuzzys". It's not too expensive.

I took a yoga class and kind of hated to go there (didn't care for the teacher), but also noted I usually felt a LOT better after the class. Endorphins?

No one feels good all the time. The thing to remember is that the bad feelings WILL pass. A lot of us go through these cycles, it's a matter of degree only- so hang in there, hon. It will get better.

Granny :hippy:

Thanks again. very informative.

Well for the last eight years I been in pain everyday, and also the same for my mind. Just symptoms have been getting worse since two years ago. Well the herbal tea is suppose to take the toxins out of my body, and my diet is vegetables, fruits, bread, pasta, fish, and Water. No meat, or sugary food. Yeah I heard of the ginko stuff. Might try that too but maybe after the teas only if the tea does not cure me.

I have been hanging in, for a long time. I want something better for myself. If i did not atleast have that attitude I would of been dead long ago. Oh endorphins yeah i release them a lot. I usually run, or work out. Yoga is helpful too for stretching and relaxing. Maybe i'll try that, theres yoga classes at the school's gym.

Actually today i feel good, well I had a few downs with pain but overall it has been a good day. Haven't had one in months.

Maybe im more jolly because of finding this site and learning people who suffer as I do and finding help .

I can not try cannabis yet though, been clean for a month. Don't have the money for it right now! Been spending 80-120 a week for herbal tea. And my friends don't care to supply me, i dont blame them. Funny thing is anxiety/depression runs in my family. My mom is bi-polar, and anxiety. My dad is an obsessive worrier/depressed. and also liver disease, and he is in chronic pain for slipped disc. He use to be a giant pot head in his day. He said he smoked Oz a day. Than for me i get a little of everyone's disorder )=.
    However, I am trying to not subcome to this nor blame them, I just wnat to better myself, and than help others.

I am glad there is people out there that are helpful. specially like you.

Best whishes, Steve k.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge(Looks like it took a very long time to compile) on cannibis with us. I found a lot of good stuff with those links.
    Hey Mike, is it shoot time yet?

the Medical Cannabis Resource Center Info page

Some epilepsy links for your collection

Peace and Love Storm Crow. Thank you for your contributions.

Thanks for putting these up Storm Crow, its a great list of med links you have collected. I can personally vouch for a few peeps its helped already.

how many medicines do you know that do this much.. now how many of them are illegal?

print out all these articles and organize them in folders or whatever and send them to someone important lol, not the president because he wont ever see it but maybe someone in your state or something. if i had the ink and the printing paper i would lol.

Was reading through some of your links and happened to stumble across this along the way of reading other places as well. Thought it was cool! :thumbsup: Kinda puts only some of the things it can be used for in a "simplified" form for us lazy people!

Therapeutic effect of cannabis

Perhaps the best known use of cannabis in a therapeutic setting is as an analgesic in the management of cancer pain, post-operative and phantom limb pain. Cannabinoids have also been used in the prevention of nausea and vomiting caused by anticancer drugs and to stimulate appetite in palliative care for anorexia caused by opioids, antiviral drugs, AIDS-related illnesses or terminal cancer. Other effects include a bronchodilator effect on the small airways of the lungs and an ability to decrease intraocular pressure. It is paradoxical that cannabinoids have been reported to be of therapeutic value in neurological disorders associated with spasticity, ataxia and muscle weakness because similar symptoms can be caused by cannabis itself.

~~~Original Resource~~~

You are an inspiration & a breath of fresh air. What a great job you've done with this list! We will refer back to it often.
    Thank you
    Buds4Life
    Doug & Laurie

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast