Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1577 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The fart principle and multiple dimensions

So theres this "fart principal" excuse my French.

And the idea of it is if you think of how we perceive reality and the world around us... we use all of our 5 senses. We see with our eyes. We hear twith our ears ect. Well what if someone "farted" around us and we weren't blessed with the sense of smell or sound. So it would be INVISIBLE to you. We would be basking in someone else's stank and not even be able to detect it or know anything about it. So how do we know that there aren't an infinite number of things around us that we cannot detect or even imagine because we don't have the senses to detect them? The mathematical equations prove that it is possible that there are other dimensions out there.. but we do not have the capability of perceiving it.
    Jay Matix Reviewed by Jay Matix on . The fart principle and multiple dimensions So theres this "fart principal" excuse my French. And the idea of it is if you think of how we perceive reality and the world around us... we use all of our 5 senses. We see with our eyes. We hear twith our ears ect. Well what if someone "farted" around us and we weren't blessed with the sense of smell or sound. So it would be INVISIBLE to you. We would be basking in someone else's stank and not even be able to detect it or know anything about it. So how do we know that there aren't an Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

So theres this "fart principal" excuse my French.

And the idea of it is if you think of how we perceive reality and the world around us... we use all of our 5 senses. We see with our eyes. We hear twith our ears ect. Well what if someone "farted" around us and we weren't blessed with the sense of smell or sound. So it would be INVISIBLE to you. We would be basking in someone else's stank and not even be able to detect it or know anything about it. So how do we know that there aren't an infinite number of things around us that we cannot detect or even imagine because we don't have the senses to detect them? The mathematical equations prove that it is possible that there are other dimensions out there.. but we do not have the capability of perceiving it.

Do you believe that there are other dimensions around us that we cannot perceive??

My two cents on your thoughts.

I agree with this, but.

We shouldn't be able to.

The human race can't handle things like this in our times.

We are created to have thoughts like yours to proceed in evolution.

All things will come in time.

Our bodies have overtime progressed through natural selection.

Who knows in a million years we all may be able to alter time with our minds, they already proved are minds control time subconsciencly and can slow it down, check out science magazine.

Just me thoughts, anyone else?

I do believe that there are infinitely more things in the world and in the universe than we can ever concieve of.
    As you said, we only have 5 senses to percieve things, and even this 5 senses are pretty limited. Our vision is only able to percieve a very narrow range of the electromagnetic spectra which we call the "visible light", while the great majority of it (radio/tv waves, microwaves, infrared, ultraviolet, X-rays, gamma rays, etc) is invisible to us.
    Our hearing only reaches a narrow range of sounds too (from 20-15000Hz), and there is a larger part of sounds that arent heard by us, like the ultra-sounds (that can be heard by dogs or bats) and the infra-sounds (emmited by whales for example)... and the same limitations goes for our other senses too.
    So, even if we were able only to use this same senses, but alter their range of functioning, it would already enable us to percieve a lot of things we dont usually percieve.

Also, we humans have a lot of senses we arent even aware of. Many people can percieve things from other planes (which could also be called "dimensions") than the physical plane we usually live in, and so they do things like clairvoyance, clariaudience and such... what is nothing more than percieving things from other planes which are usually not percieved by our usual senses.

Our mind and brain are far more powerful and has far more capabilities than we ever imagine... we are born with them all, but during the process of socialization we all have to pass through, some of this capabilities are very used, and thus become working (like speech, using the 5 senses, rational thought, etc), and some are very little used and become dormant or even atrophied (like clairvoyant abilities for example).
    And this process of selecting some brain/mind abilities to be emphatized and some to be disregarded is VERY dependent of the culture one is raised in, as people from some tribes from places like some pacific or indic islands (dont remember exactly where) can usually see and interact with what we could call "spirits" and which are completly un-percievable by us from the ocidental civilization (at least when we are in our usual state of consciousness).

There are two very good books that deals with this subjects, and i recommend them, as they are very interesting:

States of Consciousness
    Beyond the Physical - Science and Occultism

:thumbsup:

Well... i just finished to reply this same thread in other sub-forum...

http://boards.cannabis.com/science/1...ml#post1901949

I think this two threads should be merged, so we could read all the replies at once.

Quote Originally Posted by hazetwostep
    not that i do not agree with you... but how are you so sure that a chemically induced experience is a basis for describing reality?
    Well... all our experiences are chemically-induced... our brain is always soaked with neurotransmitters, hormones, etc, and even so we percieve the "real" world and think its real...
    BUT, what we call "real" is only and just only a perceptual consensus. When two (or more) people percieves one thing and agree about what theyre percieving, they say its real. The mere fact that more than one person is percieving something is NOT by any means an assurance that what they are percieving is indeed "real". (In fact, nothing is)
    What if two (or more) people had used some hallucinogen and both saw "a dragon tap dancing on the mantle place", would it be real? For the ones who were percieving it, yes, it would be real. But for the ones who werent percieving it, it wouldnt be real. So, who is right?
    Reality is only more one creation of our human minds, and not a thing in itself.

hmmmm... Coelho always good for a brain stretch

Quote Originally Posted by Billionfold
    It doesn't really matter if our reality is real or not.

To us humans, that's all we have.

To suggest otherwise is mere speculation, as we cannot experience other dimensions at this time.
    Well... but what if we actually were able to percieve this "other dimensions" and realize that what we call real is not so real indeed?

Sure hope my mmj in this dimension is real and not a fart! At $400. an oz, I want real! Most of the rest, would be nice to find out was just a fart! lol :jointsmile:

A Sixth Sense for a Wired World
    thoughts like that make me want things like this. :smokin:

`87

guess this is my cue...

(to the legend of zelda theme)

*what's that smell?*

Zelda
    The music of my groin
    The sound of my groin
    I can play it all day long

It looks like my groin
    And it sounds like my groin
    And it seems like my groin
    Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah

Zelda
    Is such a happy game
    But Link really looks
    A lot like my groin, you know

My groin
    Yes, my groin
    Yes, my groi-oi-oi-oi-oi-
    -ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-OIN!

yes, the transdimensional fart is something of a groin in nature and sounds like the zelda theme song.

note: this is a real MP3 remix findable on overclocked remix.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast