Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1299 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

We are an advanced form of bacteria?

The earth that we live on is just a small rock in this constantly expanding universe.

If you fly into Los Angeles. You go over all of the beautiful fields and mountains, then all of a sudden you see LA and all of that disgusting pollution. If you looked at the earth as a living organism you would look at LA and you'd think (thats CANCER). Well I think that is our purpose as human beings. Much like mold takes over a sandwich. I think thats what people do. I think we are just a more complicated form of bacteria. And all of the thoughts of ourselves are just biological tricks set up to keep the human race alive and perpetuating.

thoughts? :stoned:
    Jay Matix Reviewed by Jay Matix on . We are an advanced form of bacteria? The earth that we live on is just a small rock in this constantly expanding universe. If you fly into Los Angeles. You go over all of the beautiful fields and mountains, then all of a sudden you see LA and all of that disgusting pollution. If you looked at the earth as a living organism you would look at LA and you'd think (thats CANCER). Well I think that is our purpose as human beings. Much like mold takes over a sandwich. I think thats what people do. I think we are just a more Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

The earth that we live on is just a small rock in this constantly expanding universe.

If you fly into Los Angeles. You go over all of the beautiful fields and mountains, then all of a sudden you see LA and all of that disgusting pollution. If you looked at the earth as a living organism you would look at LA and you'd think (thats CANCER). Well I think that is our purpose as human beings. Much like mold takes over a sandwich. I think thats what people do. I think we are just a more complicated form of bacteria. And all of the thoughts of ourselves are just biological tricks set up to keep the human race alive and perpetuating.

yeah, i pretty much agree with you. I would love to see what the world will look like in several million years when evolution has taken its course, that is of course if the world hasnt been blown to smithereens by nuclear weapons by then. but i wonder if strep throat could be your neighbor, or if people will even be around by then. The world is in a constant state of evolution, and as people change the world, we change the rules behind what will survive and what wont. There will always be new species evolving, not necessarily noticable througout our lifetime but over the course of human history think about how the same animal would look thousands of years ago, like cats for example, or frogs or something.

People are evolving too, the only issue is that society is making natural selection not so much a thing of better genes means you get to procreate, but also that death by chance is almost the only form of natural selection left, outside raw instinctual actions of our reproductive system creating genetic diversity.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy8778
    yeah, i pretty much agree with you. I would love to see what the world will look like in several million years when evolution has taken its course, that is of course if the world hasnt been blown to smithereens by nuclear weapons by then. but i wonder if strep throat could be your neighbor, or if people will even be around by then. The world is in a constant state of evolution, and as people change the world, we change the rules behind what will survive and what wont. There will always be new species evolving, not necessarily noticable througout our lifetime but over the course of human history think about how the same animal would look thousands of years ago, like cats for example, or frogs or something.

People are evolving too, the only issue is that society is making natural selection not so much a thing of better genes means you get to procreate, but also that death by chance is almost the only form of natural selection left, outside raw instinctual actions of our reproductive system creating genetic diversity.
    We can make a sperm like a video game character with cheats. They can make that sperm have any attribute that the parents want. Our bacteria knows how to completely alter structure of our organism. I can't wait for the next couple of years and what will of come from all of these new discoveries.

Peace ::stoned:

I think we humans are more like a virus... spreading like a disease through the entire earth... and who knows how long it will take until we succeed in killing it?

BTW, there was an older thread about this subject... look at:

http://boards.cannabis.com/philosoph...-bacteria.html

:thumbsup:

EDIT: 2,300th post! :rastasmoke:

is there a reason you started a thread just to quote Joe Rogan? :wtf: haha

I understand that he isn't a pioneer in philosophical concepts, and you have every right to discuss similar ideas... but that's pretty much this:
    YouTube - What Joe Rogan Thinks about people

You were just about to post that video link weren't you?

I mean, I kinda sound like a dick... but Joe Rogan is a :rasta: so I got to back him up. If you had re-phrased it a bit and elaborated on why you agree or whatever... that's cool. But it kinda makes it seem like you just woke up and thought of this??

well i cant agree more with above lol, we just need our extra terrestrial rivals, where are they? to end our dominance, i guess thats the only thing that can bring balance or maybe a genetic jump or a nuclear war... something of drastic measure must take place to change how we do things so virally in a drastic way i just hope its not he nuclear option anything else will be better than that!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingimam
    well i cant agree more with above lol, we just need our extra terrestrial rivals, where are they? to end our dominance, i guess thats the only thing that can bring balance or maybe a genetic jump or a nuclear war... something of drastic measure must take place to change how we do things so virally in a drastic way i just hope its not he nuclear option anything else will be better than that!
    Well... the Earth is older and wiser than us, and surely it will take the needed measures to get rid of us and get cured... in fact, its already taking... look at the climate changes, earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, etc... the industrialized civilization wont last much longer, and the few humans who survive (if any one do) wont behave like viruses anymore for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Coelho
    Well... the Earth is older and wiser than us, and surely it will take the needed measures to get rid of us and get cured... in fact, its already taking... look at the climate changes, earthquakes, hurricanes, tsunamis, etc... the industrialized civilization wont last much longer, and the few humans who survive (if any one do) wont behave like viruses anymore for a long time.
    Second that!! :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Coelho
    true

if going by religious accounts, Noah came, a vast area of what was then inhabited world-if not the whole world by other accounts- got flooded to the point only his ship survived the storm and then back at square 1 in no time, maybe the surviving humans dont act like viruses for a generation or so... we are "made" to act like that one way or another... and as soon as 1 starts acting like that it will just be a ripple effect and others will follow suit!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast