Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1875 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Christina Applegate had both breast removed...

wow, i guess the womens issues would be the place to post this..
    I know this is nothing new, but damn what a quick action...
    Christina Applegate double masectomy saves her life | poponthepop.com
    illnillinois Reviewed by illnillinois on . Christina Applegate had both breast removed... wow, i guess the womens issues would be the place to post this.. I know this is nothing new, but damn what a quick action... Christina Applegate double masectomy saves her life | poponthepop.com Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

She didn't want chemo or radiation.

I dunno, thats not what I would have chosen. I know chemo sucks but as a woman I feel a deep, feminine connection to my chest. I just wouldn't feel right or sexy without them.

But I respect her decision, it was a extremely hard decision I'm sure.

cancer was found in only one, she didn't want to go back ever four months and all the fun painless process that goes on with good ol breast exam.. not to mention the bonus of cancer screening..

Just because you have a masectomy doesn't mean your cancer free OR safe.

Even though my cancer is virtually gone and has been for several years I still have to go for CAT scans, heart scans, pulminary function tests, and countless blood tests only to name a few.

Its got to be a terribly tough decision to make. Some of the drugs for chemo are getting better. I think I would have went the treatment route first. You can always go the other way if the chemo don't work

For BREAST cancer, that is the correct treatment... and better to do it immediately, to minimize risk that the cancer may spread. I think she's got guts to make the right medical decision despite changing her body image.
    I hope she stays healthy and happy and doesn't fall into the booby trap of putting too much emphasis on breasts as THE sign of femininity. Sheesh- she's a cutie; somehow I doubt anyone will think her less of a chick!

Not to mention that now there's going to be a gaggle of plastic surgeons clamoring for the chance to be The One Who Gave Chrissy A New Rack.

Yep ,
    Chicks got lotsa guts .
    Stinkys right too . Once , or if it spreads your in even more trouble . She's already talking about having the baddest implants at the nursinghome when she's old and grey - That's a positive / humorous outlook from someone who's already been through hell itself .

Illn - Not all breat exams are all the "sweet" touchy feely ones man . They're not all painless , How'd you like to go in for biopsies , mamograms every 4-6 mos. after some already tramatic bullshit ? I'd be all for removal of the cancer if it wass at all possible , verses chemo / rads. for some "maybe we got it" bullshit , or hopes of remission . My Mrs. comes home all bruised up and hurtin from all this shit .
    Crispi :stoned:

Can't they just replace them with implants; get a good cosmetic surgeon to keep the asthetics all the same?

Quote Originally Posted by xcrispi
    Yep ,

Illn - Not all breat exams are all the "sweet" touchy feely ones man . They're not all painless , How'd you like to go in for biopsies , mamograms every 4-6 mos.
    Crispi :stoned:
    OOHH i was being VERY sarcastic... no thoughts of any kind that the test are pain free.. no need to preach to the choir!!

Alot of women don't go for the plastic surgery implants and I can't say I blame them. I wouldn't Risk more cancer by putting another foreign object in my body.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast