Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1306 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Small box needs small strain

Hey Cann.com, been a while since i've been here thanks to employment (finally) anyhow ive been working on a small grow box and by small i mean its a shoe box thats 15" high and 9x6 wide. ive hooked up 4 20w cfls in here and made a pot from a water bottle thats 4" high and 7x6 wide, and ive ordered 2 8cm pc fans to install. Now what i'm thinking is would i be better planting an autoflower plant (i saw feminised akxlowryder seeds) or maybe something else that i could train and top to keep it low. I'l be working with about 8" of vertical growth height, im not bothered if i get alot of bud coz i wont but just want to get back into the hobby i love. The reason i'm doin this on such a small scale is that i live with my mum and she doesnt want a big op again as a matter of fact im still waiting for the green light to do this and need to ensure that i wont need a bigger box or my plans will be out the window. Any suggestions?
    Giro2007 Reviewed by Giro2007 on . Small box needs small strain Hey Cann.com, been a while since i've been here thanks to employment (finally) anyhow ive been working on a small grow box and by small i mean its a shoe box thats 15" high and 9x6 wide. ive hooked up 4 20w cfls in here and made a pot from a water bottle thats 4" high and 7x6 wide, and ive ordered 2 8cm pc fans to install. Now what i'm thinking is would i be better planting an autoflower plant (i saw feminised akxlowryder seeds) or maybe something else that i could train and top to keep it low. Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Giro2007
    Any suggestions?
    I suggest you prepare for disappointment 8" of vertical space is like :wtf:

Haha nahh, seriously though... the only possibility I can imagine would be to grow a mother (in a different space) and use clones to occupy the your box. Even that seems like a stretch.

I had lowryders before that were only 6 inches tall, and with only 80 watts of cfl i could get prob do it again and get maybe 3 - 5 grams from a small plant but yeah if i tried regular strains it would most likely outgrow the box and id be screwed. With the size of the pot the roots wouldnt have much room either.