Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1516 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Chivalry is dead, and women killed it.

Now this is generally speaking, and not about all women, so don't get mad :]. I'm not disagreeing with the OP either, just concurring. Women killed chivalry when they decided they were more interested in assholes that would screw them and leave them than to play it safe and be in a stable, nice relationship. I mean, if a guy knows a girl is reeled in and he knows that all he wants is in her guts, why should he open doors and pull out chairs? And if the girl sees this and is still interested, she has obviously lowered her standards. If she sees it this way, why not lower your standards (if you have to) and go with a guy that isn't as "daring and charming," but will at least treat you like you're the shit? The bee's knees. Whatever you call it.

As for the original post, I had never thought of it this way before, but I totally agree. As for how it applies to affirmative action, it's like certain minorities calling other majorities (not pointing any fingers) "racist," but then having their own television stations, college funds, etc. I think that's a little bit wrong and hypocritical as well.

Not to piss anyone off, merely the ramblings of someone who sees a lot of hypocracy and wrong-doing in our society today. And still people wonder why we have problems getting shit done in the government. LACK OF RESPONSIBILITY AND TOO MUCH TIME SPENT ON TRYING TO POINT THE FINGER AT SOMEONE ELSE.

Love.

My 2 cents(if you care):

I was raised "old fashioned", so I was taught to respect women, defend women, and let them know how special they really are. I mean, for crying out loud, I saw the birth of my son and have delivered 3 babies in my life(as a volunteer firefighter) and I never stopped being amazed that a womans body can do the things it does.

I was taught to open all doors, ladies first, watch your language, be respectful, and defend her against any and all threats for the simple fact that she's a woman. My first wife didn't appreciate these aspects of my personality, however my second wife cherishes them.

I say equality in all REASONABLE areas. I would not want to go into combat with a female at my side because my gut instinct is to protect her before a man and this could jeopardize my fellow soldiers. I also know that most women cannot drag a 200 lb body as quickly or efficiently as most men. Underscore MOST. I also would not want to be a police officer with a woman for back-up.(I was one for 1 1/2 years)MOST women do not fight nearly as well as a man. I believe that if you dispute that, you are deluded.

I love women. They are a gift to men and should be treated as such. Strike ANY woman in front of me and be prepared for me to do my very best to stomp your face in the dirt. Not saying I'd always win, but I would have no choice other than to try.

I will continue my soap box speech asap, but I must go for now. PLEASE, let me know what you think.:smokin:

Quote Originally Posted by nicksevenfold
    Now this is generally speaking, and not about all women, so don't get mad :]. I'm not disagreeing with the OP either, just concurring. Women killed chivalry when they decided they were more interested in assholes that would screw them and leave them than to play it safe and be in a stable, nice relationship. I mean, if a guy knows a girl is reeled in and he knows that all he wants is in her guts, why should he open doors and pull out chairs? And if the girl sees this and is still interested, she has obviously lowered her standards. If she sees it this way, why not lower your standards (if you have to) and go with a guy that isn't as "daring and charming," but will at least treat you like you're the shit? The bee's knees. Whatever you call it.

As for the original post, I had never thought of it this way before, but I totally agree. As for how it applies to affirmative action, it's like certain minorities calling other majorities (not pointing any fingers) "racist," but then having their own television stations, college funds, etc. I think that's a little bit wrong and hypocritical as well.

Not to piss anyone off, merely the ramblings of someone who sees a lot of hypocracy and wrong-doing in our society today. And still people wonder why we have problems getting shit done in the government. LACK OF RESPONSIBILITY AND TOO MUCH TIME SPENT ON TRYING TO POINT THE FINGER AT SOMEONE ELSE.

Love.
    Women like the assholes cause 99.9% of the time they are far more exciting than some stage 5 clinger dude who caters to their every need and tells them how perfect they are.......how old would that get in a week. Sounds boring even to me.

Quote Originally Posted by apocolips31
    Women have equal rights but, do they have equal responsibility's? Example: If the USA were to get into a big war where we needed drafts, who would be the ones getting drafted?
    I'm married to a marine, they don't WANT women in the infantry. However women ARE in the military and ARE over in Afghanistan risking their lives and getting blown up by IEDs just like the rest of the guys so maybe you ought to think twice before you put your hands on that keyboard.

Edit: To be more clear women that are deployed to afghanistan work in communications, transportation and other fields. They are in danger of attack from taliban, but more in danger (as are all military in Afghanistan) of being blown to bits by the IEDs.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910