Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1855 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Suggested reading for a brother in the slam

So a good friend of mine recently got busted for his basement grow op, (compleatly personal BTW) and now he's looking at a good two years inside. I've been sending him books to read while hes there to, if nothing else, keep his mind occupied and his body out of trouble.
    So can anyone suggest good reading material for someone behind bars?

Hes already read all of Casteneda's books and I think eveything Michael Talbot has written on metaphysics, also he's been a bit of a Depak Chopra fan for years so hes read all Chopra's stuff too.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you guys have. :thumbsup:

When next you smoke take a hit for those who sit in steel cages simply because they're a victim of the times. :jointsmile:
    Esoteric416 Reviewed by Esoteric416 on . Suggested reading for a brother in the slam So a good friend of mine recently got busted for his basement grow op, (compleatly personal BTW) and now he's looking at a good two years inside. I've been sending him books to read while hes there to, if nothing else, keep his mind occupied and his body out of trouble. So can anyone suggest good reading material for someone behind bars? Hes already read all of Casteneda's books and I think eveything Michael Talbot has written on metaphysics, also he's been a bit of a Depak Chopra fan Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich, by Alexander Alexander Solzhenitsyn, , who died recently, I read this at school (a couple of years ago) it shows that prisons in the likes of UK and USA are not that bad really.

NCM

I spent a couple years in the birdcage...I can assure you your friend is very happy to have someone sending books.....I sure was
    Jean M. Aurel? I think is the authors name...wrote "clan of the cave bear"...good series...LOOOONG books...good reading when you have NOTHING else to do...
    Michael Talbot is good....
    How about "the end of time" by julian barbour? very good read
    whiskeytango

I could go on for ever man...read over 600 books in those 4 years...lol

ooooh.....and the Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy "trilogy"...I have read those books 20 times and they dont get old:jointsmile:
    whiskeytango

If its anything like when I was in there, you cant send them too him...but you can order off of amazon, and have them ship to him...

Man... its very sad to know that a brother smoker was jailed because of this wonderful plant we love so much... if at least he could smoke in there... the life there would be far more bearable... anyway... if you said he did read all Castanedas books (that would be my first suggestion) and likes metaphysics and such, i would greatly suggest this one:

Beyond the Physical - Science and Occultism

You could print it for him (it would be cheaper than buying a book)... its a very good book that would give him a lot to think about while there.
    Also, there is one called Journeys Out of the Body, by Robert Monroe... he will have a lot of free time to practice it, and when he succeed he wild be able to get out the jail for a while (even if only a part of him...).
    And send to him my best wishes, and when i were toking and remember of him i will toke for him... :thumbsup:

Hitchhikers Guide for sure.
    The cave bear books are Jane Auel.

I'll suggest One Hundred Years of Solitude, Love in the Time of Cholera, and Leaf Storm and Other Stories by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. Magical realism in the Latin American Lit tradition is wonderful to take the mind off its current surroundings. Like Water for Chocolate falls into that as well.

Is your weekly letter!

I wrote a guy in prison that I'd never met- not weekly, like I should have, but about bi-weekly. It made all the difference to him! A stranger who cared! I even found and sent a couple news articles about his son in a spelling bee! I printed my letters on the back of "used paper" - Like me, he was "into" MMJ studies, so the back had the abstracts of various studies. (I was surprised they allowed them! First one was on a shorty letter just to see the policy) Gave him stuff to think about.

We need a thread with the addresses of our friends who are in prison! So other "cannabis crazies", like me, can write to our brothers and sisters in prison, whether we know them or not! Why not start it with your friend? :thumbsup:

Granny:hippy:

good on ya granny!!...great idea, I would have LOVED letters then...got alot the first year, then everyone kinda forgets your there...lol
    whiskeytango

As sweet a thought as it is, we can't post contact information of any sort, anywhere on the site, that isn't directly related to specific co-ops/dispensaries that have agreements with the site owner.
    Sorry.

Thanks for the book ideas everyone.
    That sucks we cant post contact info cause i know my friend would love a bunch of random letters from other weed heads.
    Oh well it's enough that you all give some thought to our captive comrads, and I send regular (well pretty regular) letters anyway, and he appreciates those.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast