Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1290 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Completed troubleshooting form..SOS!!

E-indoor or outdoor? Indoor
    E-soil, soilless, coco, aero, or hydroponic? Hydroponic
    E-specific medium? Hydroton
    CSL-Soil type/brand
    HCL-Hydro/aero/soilless system? DWC
    SCL-Anything you have added to the soil
    SCLR-Soil or slab runoff pH
    E-Water source? Tap
    E-Source water pH?
    HRT-Source water EC (if hydro) 5.8 pH
    E-Age of plant? 3 weeks
    E-Type of fertilizer
    E-Rate of application (if hydro, this is your PPM number, preferably after each component is added) 500-525
    E-Lighting source and distance from plant? 4 26w cfl / T5 flo
    E-Air temperature (both day and night if you are running a dark period) Unknown but feels pretty warm
    HD-Reservoir temperature? Unkinown
    E-Air % Relative humidity? Unknown
    E-Lighting schedule? 18/6
    E-Type of ventilation your room has? Passive
    TR-Did you pre-soak your media in pH corrected solution? Yes

I had them on pH'd tap water for about 2 weeks then moved into the buckets. After a week the leaf tips started brown so I took that as signs of Def. and added a little bit of FF nutrients. That was 3 days ago and, well, here we are.
    They look miserable. Thanks for the help everyone!

First 2 pics are Satori, then Hash Berry

Indi
    Individual Reviewed by Individual on . Completed troubleshooting form..SOS!! E-indoor or outdoor? Indoor E-soil, soilless, coco, aero, or hydroponic? Hydroponic E-specific medium? Hydroton CSL-Soil type/brand HCL-Hydro/aero/soilless system? DWC SCL-Anything you have added to the soil SCLR-Soil or slab runoff pH E-Water source? Tap E-Source water pH? HRT-Source water EC (if hydro) 5.8 pH Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Heat maybe? You'll want to get a hygrometer asap!

Drip system?

I'd cut your nutes in half for a while (they look overnuted somewhat) and calibrate your ph meter......or at least check to make sure it IS correctly calibrated.

What is the EC of your tap water before adding nutes?

DWC.....??

If that's DWC I have a hard time seeing those plants with enough roots to actually reach water.

Also just noticed- you've got no air movement or exhaust (passive isn't an exhaust type unless you are using convection currents and that is a complicated setup used only in greenhouses) and you don't know what the air temperature is.

Get a thermometer in there and a proper exhaust with a fan. Upcurled leaf edges are a sign of acute heat stress and desiccation.

DWC

Pic 2,3 roots are about 4-5 in. long -- touching water
    Pic 1 has a nice root ball but it isn't touching water so I moved it down in the net.

My tap water is 8.0 ph and my meter is right on point.

Heres the pic I forgot to add that shows my oscillating fan and CFLs
    T5 is to the right

Also, I dont know if its normal with organic nutes, but the water stinks. Whenever I check the pH I get a nice breeze of fishy aquarium odor...no algae or mold from what I can tell

How often are you changing the solution? Mine doesn't smell fishy or algae like. I use botanicare so mostly organic stuff myself as well.

I'd cut your nutes in half and consider some sort of drip or something that will keep your roots more wet while also giving them more oxygen and areation as well but I'm just guessing there. I notice in my grows that when I stop the drip system and just go with DWC (and my plants are in bloom by that time with a BUNCH MORE ROOTS than those have) I lose some leaves etc. My personal thought is that the roots just dry out and die.....but again......merely PONTIFICATING. (but I'd still suggest you do it.....)

So you start with drip then switch to DWC once a good root mass is developed? Seems logical. I have some drip components left over so if they don't perk up in the next couple days I will definitely give it a shot.

I just changed out the solution. Now they're in distilled water at 1/4 strength nutrients (300ppm). I also raised the water level on the one that isn't reaching
    water surface. We'll see....

Thanks for the help Weed / Stinky
    :jointsmile:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast