Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1918 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Obama Says GOP Wants to Scare Voters

A comic shtick about the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee having a funny name and a face different from other presidential candidates has been part of Barack Obama's stump speech for weeks. But after Obama played the line bigger than usual Wednesday, Republicans cried foul.

"Nobody thinks that Bush or McCain have a real answer for the challenges we face. So what they are going to try to do is make you scared of me," Obama told a crowd in Springfield. "You know, 'He's not patriotic enough. He's got a funny name.' You know, 'He doesn't look like all of those other presidents on the dollar bills.' "

"Those folks know they don't have any good answers. They know they had their turn over the last eight years and made a mess of things," he said here. "They know they can only win by making you scared of me."

Obama did not directly mention race or his full name -- Barack Hussein Obama.

But when John McCain's campaign responded, it was to say that Obama had "baselessly forecasted that John McCain would make claims about Obama's physical appearance and middle name."

"Like most celebrities, he reacts to fair criticism with a mix of fussiness and hysteria," said McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds.
    washingtonpost.com

He doesn't look like all of those other presidents on the dollar bills

Way to play the race card you FOOL!! As we all know...Obama has a claim on that shit!

Have a good one!:s4:
    Psycho4Bud Reviewed by Psycho4Bud on . Obama Says GOP Wants to Scare Voters A comic shtick about the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee having a funny name and a face different from other presidential candidates has been part of Barack Obama's stump speech for weeks. But after Obama played the line bigger than usual Wednesday, Republicans cried foul. "Nobody thinks that Bush or McCain have a real answer for the challenges we face. So what they are going to try to do is make you scared of me," Obama told a crowd in Springfield. "You know, 'He's not Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I do find it funny that he is the only one who seems to be playing the race card. I have yet to hear anyone else play that card against him. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but not by anyone who's opinions are valued. I'm sure you could find some far-right bloggers, but like I said, no one who's opinion is important.

isn't that like the pot calling the kettle black?

remind me again which party uses fear ie, rich vs. poor, minorities vs. whites, the world ending due to man made global warming, the economy is failing, republicans are going to make old sick people go without their medicine, ect.....:wtf:

fyi.. for those of you that don't know. Obama also used this same speech several times on the democratic campaign trail while running against the Clintons.

Guess it doesn't matter if you're Democrat or Republican to Obama.. only thing that matters to him is that you're white :thumbsup: