Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1616 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do you expect your children to give you grandkids?

After having six kids (who all grown up now) you would think that i would have had enough of kids but you would be wrong, I love my grandchildren they are fun they make me happy.
    I let my children make their own decisions because its their live not mine, all I want is for them to be happy.

2.   Advertisements

I have three young children and i love them to bits i see the enjoyment they get from spending time with my dad (their grandad) and hope one day they do make me a granny and i can experience that too (tho they still very young atm) but if they decide not to have children then i wont be bitterly dissapointed, i found out by doing it just how hard it can be how dedicated and responsible you need to be and its the most stressfull and scary thing ever. (been the most rewarding too) i would never judge anyone for not wanting to have children after all its their life. if my kids are happy i'm happy!

I'm glad to see so many level heads in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by happiestmferoutthere
    I no doubt would love any grandchildren I have, but I love my daughter too much not to let her live her life her way.
    my sentiments exactly. it's their life and it's their choice. As long as they're happy with whichever road they take.

grandkids,, seems unavoidable.. got 3 kids of my own, one of em gotta knock someone up right? lol

I think the pressure from parents to want their kids to have kids is sometimes overwhelming. My wife never wanted kids. Her mom just made it worse with her nagging and hints.

Her mom finally gave up and quit buggin us about it. Not long after that, my wife started wanting to get pregnant. :thumbsup: Now she is around 28 weeks and more excited than ever to have a first child - a boy.

I'm only 19 and my girlfriend and I are planning on having children eventually but I am not going to make it a task that I place upon my plate when it is already full. This child is going to be coming into the world once I am done college and have some cash in the bank. Now, I'm not saying I would need my own funds, come from some money(not Lambo money but lets say BWM money, lol) so I know I wouldn't always have the feeling of "Man I need some cash" or something, but I would feel that once I have a child, its mine(well, ours) and I(we) should take care of it. Honestly though, when I have a child, it's just going to be another friend. I don't want to be overpowering of them, I just want them to look up to me. Let them decide that they would want to listen to me rather than the friendly fatherhood approach I received that sounded more like "SHIT DOWN OR I'LL GET MY BELT!". And you know what, I wouldn't mind gettin' stoned with the little bugger either, once they are old enough.

-C

Quote Originally Posted by catlova
    I think the pressure from parents to want their kids to have kids is sometimes overwhelming. My wife never wanted kids. Her mom just made it worse with her nagging and hints.

Her mom finally gave up and quit buggin us about it. Not long after that, my wife started wanting to get pregnant. :thumbsup: Now she is around 28 weeks and more excited than ever to have a first child - a boy.
    very nice.

-C

Quote Originally Posted by ForgetClassC
    I'm only 19 and my girlfriend and I are planning on having children eventually but I am not going to make it a task that I place upon my plate when it is already full. This child is going to be coming into the world once I am done college and have some cash in the bank. Now, I'm not saying I would need my own funds, come from some money(not Lambo money but lets say BWM money, lol) so I know I wouldn't always have the feeling of "Man I need some cash" or something, but I would feel that once I have a child, its mine(well, ours) and I(we) should take care of it. Honestly though, when I have a child, it's just going to be another friend. I don't want to be overpowering of them, I just want them to look up to me. Let them decide that they would want to listen to me rather than the friendly fatherhood approach I received that sounded more like "SHIT DOWN OR I'LL GET MY BELT!". And you know what, I wouldn't mind gettin' stoned with the little bugger either, once they are old enough.

-C
    when they ask what that is you're smokin...you say....'ere!:jointsmile:

Short answer is no. I am close to fifty and have been married for close to 20 years to the same woman. I could afford them but after long talks we decided that kids were not for us. We simply are not interested. Both of us come from overbearing, over protective, families and I worry about how many ways we will screw a young child up.

It is your body, and your lifestyle, that will be effected, not your parents. And with time you may or may not change your mind. Don't sweat it.

And mentality behind their reason? Only they can tell you that.
    Wonderful Things Happen When You Plant The Seeds Of Distrust In A Garden Of Assholes

http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-grow-log.html...long season 2010

http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...-part-two.html...short season 2010-2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12