Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1699 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

People's opinion of the immunization against cervical cancer for girls

there has been alot of talk in the u.k about the new vaccine being introduced to prevent cervicle cancer, it has caused some controversy as its being offered to girls from the age of 12, and as cervicle cancer is commonly caused by std's many parents feel its wrong to give it to girls so young. i was wondering what people here thought about it?

my daughter is 7 this year and when she's 12 i'll probably get it done as i think every girl should have that protection, my daughter may not start having sex then but at least as she gets older i can know when she does, she'll be protected from one desease, i know i cant protect her from everything, but if i can protect her from cervicle cancer i will.
    devils dream Reviewed by devils dream on . People's opinion of the immunization against cervical cancer for girls there has been alot of talk in the u.k about the new vaccine being introduced to prevent cervicle cancer, it has caused some controversy as its being offered to girls from the age of 12, and as cervicle cancer is commonly caused by std's many parents feel its wrong to give it to girls so young. i was wondering what people here thought about it? my daughter is 7 this year and when she's 12 i'll probably get it done as i think every girl should have that protection, my daughter may not start Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Research side effects to see if you want to risk your childs health with this. Its already being used here in the US and kids are already having side effects. I had an iss ue from day one with this. First off they are treating this a s a cure for cancer. There is no cure for cancer, it can only be put in remission so to call this a cure for cervical cancer is a lie. I would rsearch the shit out of it before you have this done to your kids. Don't be a guinea pig.

Preventing something and curing it are two completely different things.

I cannot answer for side effects.....not knowing enough about the vaccine itself but after watching my mother die a nice, slow, horrible death from ovarian cancer I most CERTAINLY would LOOK INTO a vaccine that may prevent something along that line for someine i love in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by killerweed420
    Research side effects to see if you want to risk your childs health with this. Its already being used here in the US and kids are already having side effects. I had an iss ue from day one with this. First off they are treating this a s a cure for cancer. There is no cure for cancer, it can only be put in remission so to call this a cure for cervical cancer is a lie. I would rsearch the shit out of it before you have this done to your kids. Don't be a guinea pig.
    i so would look into it before actually going through with it, luckily for me i've got a few years yet until i'd need to make a firm discision and by then more of the drugs flaws will be known about atm there isn't much negative being portrayed in the media but once they start using it here they wont be able to hide any side effect.

what sort of side effects are being reported there?

im not really sure of the side effects but i deffinitly remember something on the news saying how there was a big problem with the vaccine i would think by the time your daughter is old enough they will have fixed all of the problems with the vaccine though, but like everyone else said i would be sure to be 100% sure its a safe thing before giving it to anyone i loved

Quote Originally Posted by shadow218
    im not really sure of the side effects but i deffinitly remember something on the news saying how there was a big problem with the vaccine i would think by the time your daughter is old enough they will have fixed all of the problems with the vaccine though, but like everyone else said i would be sure to be 100% sure its a safe thing before giving it to anyone i loved
    damn right :thumbsup: overall i dont jump at the chance to let anyone inject anything into my kids imo we will never really know what you could trigger within someone by putting any man made drug into their system especially in the early years of life when devolpment is still so crucial, dont get me wrong there are many many drugs which have saved millions of lives but i am sceptical.

Its very wise to be skeptical......just dont toss the baby out with the bathwater. Vaccines are invented for a reason and watching someone die of cancer would be a REAL GOOD reason to look very strongly into things.

People like to be afraid of things like vaccines etc.....but those are most often people who have not come into close contact with whatever disease the vaccine is for. I'm a veterinary technician who deals with that kind of thing quite often.....but I can promise you that any people I know who's dog has had (or died of) a preventable disease like parvo always vaccinates their NEXT pet without fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Weedhound
    Its very wise to be skeptical......just dont toss the baby out with the bathwater. Vaccines are invented for a reason and watching someone die of cancer would be a REAL GOOD reason to look very strongly into things.

People like to be afraid of things like vaccines etc.....but those are most often people who have not come into close contact with whatever disease the vaccine is for. I'm a veterinary technician who deals with that kind of thing quite often.....but I can promise you that any people I know who's dog has had (or died of) a preventable disease like parvo always vaccinates their NEXT pet without fail.
    i totally get what you mean, and allthough i dont completely trust immunisations or many other medicines, i'm no fool and when medication is needed its needed, and thankfully its available.
    i do like to be aware hence this thread really to find out more about it and peoples views and knowledge of it. really am curious about the side effects of the cirvicle cancer immunisation if anyone knows?

My sister had ovarian cancer 3 or 4 years ago. Seems to be doinf fine after chemo. Its like all cancers. Catch it soon enough and your prognosis is good. Catch it to late and you're screwed.

I think Garsdsil is fantastic, personally. I think all women eligible should receive it.

I want to correct some things though, the vaccine protects you against 4 types of the Human Papillomavirus, also known as HPV. HPV can result in genital warts and also cervical cancer. The vaccine does not prevent ALL cervical cancer, it just drastically reduces the chance of having it.

The reason this vaccine is so important is because men cannot be tested for HPV, so there's no way for a woman to know if her partner is a carrier. This means that even if you and your partner are clean on std tests, if he's had sex with even ONE woman before you, there's a risk of him having it and not knowing.

I'm scheduled to get the vaccine soon, and I didn't think twice about it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast