Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1479 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

First time grower. First time strain?

Ok i have come to terms there is no ultimate strain

BUT if anyone has any recomendations of what i could get with something near this

one hit and quit, take a good long 15 second gigantic hit full lung full and especially if your not prepared just knock you off your ass and temporary polio effects *lol couch lock* i DO NOT care about yield, it could be 10-50g for all i care, wet! just want some SERIOUS potential from this plant, but something that is kinda hardy, with beautiful crystal covered buds. i have 3 options im trying to choose from now, any suggestions at all would be helpful! smell isnt to much of a factor. i am considering

1. Skunk x Northern Lights Indoor / Outdoor
    Bred in California, this 60% indica / 40% sativa grows like a light green Christmas tree with some purpling in the fall. She has a sweet skunky smell and flavor. Good resin producer.

Indoors flowering 8 to 10 weeks. Outdoor flowering September 10th to 15th.
    Outdoor height 5 feet. Outdoor yield 3/4 lb.
    [attachment=o193651]

2.Matanuska Tundra
    Indoor / Outdoor This variety brings back that majestic legendary marijuana from the great Alaskan Northland. Highly recommended by the best fishing and hiking guides in the Matanuska Valley. The buds are huge and rock-hard as Denali "Mt. McKinley" herself. Intense aroma, chocolate flavor and potency have combined to form the most dense variety we have had the pleasure of producing thus far. A glacier of THC crystals frosts her colas and she packs more power than an ice pack polar bear. Medical patients have mentioned that she is very beneficial for persons with pain ailments. The "creeper" quality of the smoke comes on slow and smooth, like a hike up a majestic mountain peak. Enjoy the view, with a smile on your face and a gleam in your bloodshot eyes. Persons prone to altitude sickness should use caution.

Type : Indica, indoor and outdoor
    Vegetate until : 4 - 7 internodes
    Flowering time : 60-70 days
    Average height : 0.5 - 0.75 meter
    Yield : 350 - 375 grams / m² (dried, indoor)
    High : powerfully sedative.
    Smell : rich chocolate flavor
    [attachment=o193653]

3.White Widow F2

White Widow This is the F2 made from seed stock I got from Green House in Holland in the late 90's shortly after it had won the cannabis cup. It has been a long time favorite of many growers. Some people have said that the WW sold by Green House today is not the same as what they offered years ago. Enough people demanded the original version that I decided to come out with this. Consider it WW from days gone by. White Widow is a cannabis cup winner that has won multiple times. It has incredibly frosty buds so covered with trichomes that it looks like it's got snow on it. The trichomes themselves have long stalks making the buds look furry. It's a good yielder and amazingly potent. I saw a report saying white widow was analyzed by a laboratory at 19.5% thc. It has been used to create Blue Widow, White Russian and other heavyweights which pays tribute to it's phenomenal qualities. Veg for 4 to 8 weeks and then flower for 8 to 10 weeks. It can grow tall so top it or bend it in veg to keep it short indoors. It like lots of light and medium ferts, heavier in late flower.
    [attachment=o193652]

Don't say perhaps don't go with a flashy name cuz its a rip off, im not going for their name im going for facts ive spent hours reading! ive heard all these are easy to grow. but i was wondering on your opinions, or perhaps other strains. Or any tips on some stuff i might encounter with these/suggested strains
    stinkybudz Reviewed by stinkybudz on . First time grower. First time strain? Ok i have come to terms there is no ultimate strain :mad: BUT if anyone has any recomendations of what i could get with something near this one hit and quit, take a good long 15 second gigantic hit full lung full and especially if your not prepared just knock you off your ass and temporary polio effects *lol couch lock* i DO NOT care about yield, it could be 10-50g for all i care, wet! just want some SERIOUS potential from this plant, but something that is kinda hardy, with beautiful Rating: 5
    I smoke it down to the ash end burnin lips and finger tips, on for helly shit and take a bullet like a pacifist, right in the ashtray where it belongs, from the bag to the j to the vape to the bong-Stoner songs Twiztid - Bagz, Hydro. KmK- Blaze Allday,Can Anybody Hear me.AbK- Hollowpoint

2.   Advertisements

Reserved for strains and their suggestions

Skunk x Northern Lights -

Matanuska Tundra -

White Widow -
    I smoke it down to the ash end burnin lips and finger tips, on for helly shit and take a bullet like a pacifist, right in the ashtray where it belongs, from the bag to the j to the vape to the bong-Stoner songs Twiztid - Bagz, Hydro. KmK- Blaze Allday,Can Anybody Hear me.AbK- Hollowpoint

Hard dense buds would be nice, but big fluffy buds are just as welcome

Lights?
    Space?
    Experience?
    Budget?

i am currently growing northern lights x skunk #1. It is a pretty resilient strain, good for first time growers. The buds get pretty fat and is usually ready in the standard 8 weeks. The high is great, smooth smoke and mostly head high if you harvest 10% amber. i highly recommend if this is indeed your first grow.

I also grow white rhino which is a descendant of white widow. I've grown it a few times now and have only had good success this last round. it was a tricky beast to conquer but now that i have it down it seems to be flying. tends to take 9-10 weeks though. haven't had a great harvest of this yet so i'm not 100% sure on how good the high is. current plants are 3 weeks into flower and already over 40" tall.

hope that helps. (go for the NL x S)

skeet

it will techniqually be my second grow, im growing some cheap schwag for practice.Ive heard white russian was harder then white widow but better because its a mix of white widow and ak47 meaning it was nearly or could be almost as good as white widow with the gigantic buds of ak47, yeah that skunkxnl looks delicious, just wondering if theres any other strains or recomendations, and to blink inc

Lights? Depends on how many will germinate, but i will be using 40w cfls
    Space? I have a almost 5 cubic foot spot, could relocate when they grow bigger or if i get more then 4-5 plants that germinate
    Budget?Not to limited...
    Experience? Kind of first time grower, growing some schwag to practice raising a mother plant, when to water.... Nutrients and not to give it root burn... when to flower it, when to harvest.

Also elskeetro, I heard its a even better head high* a couch lock * if you harvest at 20%? idk... :P

Also when your looking at all the buds, is the 20% mean 20% of the buds are a pure amber color? or each bud has about 20% amber trichromes... This is something i really have been wondering about.

buy yourself a 30x electronic microscope.. it's the best toy I bought for 30 dollars since I collected GI Joes... SIC...

then you'll see the trichs easily and they'll be NO mistaking... right now I'm about a few days from harvesting my first crop in years... it's such a pain, they smell SO good and I gotta wait..

BUT if I didn't have the scope, I'd would have harvested them early, they're all sticky and resinous, but there would be no way of know when to harvest without the scope..... it was either too late or too early... sometimes I'd fluke out... (this is with bag seed obviously)

Skunk x NL is a very solid choice for anyone, especially for a newer grower; it is a GREAT hybrid to learn on because you can make mistakes and the plant will be more tolerant of them.