Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1854 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help First Plant!! ( Growing Virgin )

You should also get some Fox Farm Nutes and follow the instructions for feeding on the chart (the chart is available online or from the distributer) but modifiy it for the stages of flowering your in. Like right now I would be giving her (hopefully) big bloom and growbig for the vegitve stage until the first signs of sexing.

You can find them online and get both liquid and granular form and mix them at feeding acording to the chart.

Also when you start getting alternating nodes look very closely at the the part where the plant has formed a secondary branch and where pre-flowers will form. A Female will have 1 ball forming with a small hair sticking out of the middle on both sides of the node, a Male will have more than one ball with no hairs sticking out also on both sides of the node. You will need a magnifying glass to do this. These pre-flowers are very tiny and hard to see with the naked eye.

By the way looks like your off to a good start your plant looks healthy.

JG

2.   Advertisements

thanx mate really sound advice im gonna sound stupid here but like i said im a realy real begginer so could you please tell me where and what the nodes are thanx again your advice is greatly appreciated
    god put this here for me and for you so take advantage man take advantage!!!!!!!!:jointsmile:

Thanks for the good share!:hippy:

a person of very few words pain releif but hope you aint in too much pain mate
    god put this here for me and for you so take advantage man take advantage!!!!!!!!:jointsmile:

leebud, good luck with your first grow! I'm in the middle stages of my first grow, and I'm having a great time with it - it really is addictive. My wife had some jealously issues as well, because I was spending so much time reading/learning/experimenting about/with my plant. But, everything should be done in moderation, and I try to spend my time on this board when I am away from my wife, so I don't lose any time with her when we're together.

As for the node question - the node is the crease between the main stalk and a branch - it is the location where JG was referring you to determine sex when your plant begins to show.

I look forward to seeing some pictures of your plant, and I wish you continued success! Be sure to read as much as you possibly can on this board, and employ use of the Search function to answer your detailed questions. You'll be surprised how many people have asked and had answered your same questions.

Be good out there!

Thanks Jakezking for answering that part of the question for Leebud I did not have time this morning to get to it.

Leebud, Jakezking is correct about the location of the nodes. except that it is any location that a fan leaf comes out of the main stalk or branch as you get further along in your grow you will notice this is where the buds will start forming.

Also when I say alternating nodes this is how it happens. When you first started growing your plant the leaves were comming out of the stalk paraell to each other ( both next to each other on the stalk). When the plant reaches the mature stage and begins to think of reproducing the nodes will start to alternate. Meaning only one leaf will come out of the stalk then the next will come out higher up and on the opposite side as the other.

This is when to start looking at the nodes lower down the stalk for pre-flowers.

Hope this helped you out and best of luck with your grow. I will be checking in every now and then to see your progress and help you out when needed.

JG

thanx very much mate for your comments and help i tell you what i found that really helpfull thanx again

im duckin made up never been on a site with so many sound people if i up load a pic of what i think is the new shoot/split of branch would you please tell me if this is what i should be lookin for thanx again

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12