Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1347 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Things get ugly at the gas pumps

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider
    Would they give this discount to us as a token of appreciation? Or is it just some kind of spoils of war that we won form them?
    We got rid of Sadaam for them, the deaths and casualties of have been in the thousands, the cost of rebuilding has been enormous - why the fuck shouldn't we get a break on the oil? Our military, serving in Iraq, has to pay full price for gas - and this is outrageous.

We waged a war for them, and I believe that we AT LEAST deserve some oil at a discount. If they do not agree to these terms, then we should just take it. This goes for all nations that participated in helping to liberate Iraq. We deserves a piece of the pie.

Quote Originally Posted by Breukelen advocaat
    We got rid of Sadaam for them, the deaths and casualties of have been in the thousands, the cost of rebuilding has been enormous - why the fuck shouldn't we get a break on the oil? Our military, serving in Iraq, has to pay full price for gas - and this is outrageous.

We waged a war for them, and I believe that we AT LEAST deserve some oil at a discount. If they do not agree to these terms, then we should just take it. This goes for all nations that participated in helping to liberate Iraq. We deserves a piece of the pie.
    Do you really believes that the usa entered in this war to free the poor iraquians from Saddam?

3.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Coelho
    Do you really believes that the usa entered in this war to free the poor iraquians from Saddam?
    The reason is unimportant. The intelligence was wrong about the WMD's. We did remove him, and lost a lot of lives in the process - not to mention the fortune of money it cost the American people. Corporations are making money from it, and it's time for the American people to have a break at the gas station. I do not even own a car, or drive, but the prices of goods that are delivered by trucks are going up - and that affects everybody, driver or not.

We waged a war for them, and I believe that we AT LEAST deserve some oil at a discount.
    Well, I'm not so sure they all see it that way. They might think of it more like we waged war ON them, not FOR them. I have a feeling they might tell us to take our discount and shove it right up our asses. But hell, it never hurts to ask!

If they do not agree to these terms, then we should just take it. This goes for all nations that participated in helping to liberate Iraq. We deserves a piece of the pie.
    I think maybe we've still working on our first piece of pie --- a big shit pie, and were having trouble getting through it.

I think this is about observation of human behavior and not a bad drug bust at the side of the road. The mod's seem to have a pretty good way of knowing the difference. Don't know how you guys got picked, etc. But, you are pretty damn smart!

Reagan with that dumbshit Bush had put Saddam in his position! Not that that is a good excuse. However, at this point, arent' they free from him? THIS seems like a civil war to me and sure, at this point, spoils of war, whatever, I think if we are going to continue to be there and 'teach them how to fight' for themselves, sure they should be paying us, gas whatever.
    Civil disobedience in any form is not cool! Someone gets hurt and it just makes the entire situation worse! I don't like all the rules, but I don't always obey them either; my dipstick for the difference: If my behavior only harms me, it is O.K.! If it harms others or could in any way, I do not do it. And I have to think to know the difference!
    Tire Iron guy yielded his Medical Doctoral Weapon at a "Costco." They all have security, just not at the gas pump. Sure, something should be done to prevent this. At these prices, they can afford to pump the gas for us, put air in the tires and wash the windshield!
    I can't watch the video's either, dial-up is all that is available in the boonies! So, when I try, I will go to a posting or elsewhere and hear a few words, it stops, and then a few more. Have to try to find the sucker I tried to hear and shut it down! Guess, you can't get You Tube and that stuff on dial-up. I am worried about getting cable T.V., DSL and here our country has precision bombing in Iraq.

What does the price of gas have to do with Iraq, as much as Haliburton and the temperament of our nation? This stuff is all being ignored.

I watched a senate (maybe congressional hearing) on Oil Co. having to pay 'windfall taxes' for all their gains and stop getting the tax breaks they have enjoyed for decades! Everything but the obvious was mentioned; the private citizen does it, so why not make the large oil companies do the same. Not one argument comparing the private citizen to the large rich conglomerate was mentioned.
    The issue failed; the get no taxes on windfall and still enjoy tax breaks! WE ARE PAYING THEM TO SCREW US! By means of our elected officials. I do not understand.

I waited in the lines in the '70's and we were polite in those days! Guess, too many hippies sitting in line to busy to worry about a 2 hour wait for gas!

People hoarding gas, killing for rudeness and for gas! Yet Washing ton does nothing and send more soldiers to war! Most likely we will be out of Iraq soon, but we are headed somewhere else!

Nothing from Washington is making sense to me! But then, her I sit in 2008 and I can only get dial-up!

The various oil companies around the world have pretty much got the goverments by the short and curlies, they are exploiting the unstable situation affecting the global economy. Year after year they have made massive profits and yet the price continues to rise , isn't it odd that lots of them contribute to election campaigns ?

I think they are jacking it through the roof right now because they know their day is coming.
    Sooner or later people will take matters into their own hands. When the leader of SAUDI ARABIA wants to discuss unusually high prices, there's something up I would say. I mean come on, how often do you hear a rich monarch say, "Wait a minute, my pocket is overstuffed.."

Petrol too god dam fuckin expensive aswell.. Unbelivable how these people can get awy with charging so much money...

Soon our world will be much like the Road Warrior, with people fighting to the death over fuel.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonrider
    Soon our world will be much like the Road Warrior, with people fighting to the death over fuel.
    THUNDER DOME!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast