Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1694 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Consequences...

Maybe theres a thread for this already I tried to found it but I failed... so Here I am asking this question...

2 weeks ago I applied and was granted a recommendation for MMJ from Medican and I was wondering whether or not it has an effect on my eligibility to jobs say in the medical field? In other words is my name in some sort of database or something where an institution will deny me employment or other things because I am a MMJ Patient?

p.s. I ask this because I had to sign a form saying that the clinic was allowed to relinquish my information or something like that and the note i received saying I was recommended for MMJ also said that it would go on my Permanent record...

Maybe I"m just a paranoid person who knows...? what do you think?
    JADelic Reviewed by JADelic on . Consequences... Maybe theres a thread for this already I tried to found it but I failed... so Here I am asking this question... 2 weeks ago I applied and was granted a recommendation for MMJ from Medican and I was wondering whether or not it has an effect on my eligibility to jobs say in the medical field? In other words is my name in some sort of database or something where an institution will deny me employment or other things because I am a MMJ Patient? p.s. I ask this because I had to sign a form Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Consequences...

I've heard of a case where someone got fired from his job b/c he got a MMJ card. He took it to the courts and lost.

And who knows how many companies won't hire you b/c of it.

Consequences...

that sure sucks

Consequences...

Well, my hypothesis would be that it really depends on the job.

As long as your not a spaceman/doctor than I wouldn't worry.

What I'm trying to say is if your job has a significant role on society they may have an issue with it.

Consequences...

the price of freedom can be high for some

Consequences...

OK thanks for your input... But what i was trying to ask is if anyone knows whether or not the company/agency can know without you telling them or turning out positive on a test?

Consequences...

Man that blows... I'm sure doctors or nurse practitioners can have a drink on a friday night.... UNfair how they can't smoke a bowl on a friday night too ya know?... BUt then again I can understand the regulations on that... I wouldn't want a pot head surgeon cutting me open...

Consequences...

I'll say first that I'm not too informed about Medicann and their policies. What I do know is if you just have your doctor's rec, then the company/agency you're attempting to work for should/would have no idea about your medical history. Now if you apply for the State ID card, your name is going to be put in the system and this MAY or MAY NOT affect you in any way. And this is more for the government's sake, rather than a potential employee.

But let's say you just got a county card, then no one's going to know except for them and them only. But like I said, I'm not too sure about Medicann's policies and whether or not they put your name in some kind of system. Honestly, though, I really wouldn't worry about it too much. Our current president used to snort coke, but hey, he's still the friggin' president of the United States.

Consequences...

THanx for your words of consolation man... and you're right thats what I told myself all along. I just wanted to know other peoples opinions. I figured because it's a medicine its reserved knowledge for the care giver and the patient in essence... but I had to sign a paper saying that medicann can disclose info about my recommendations (this was to have the benefit of a 24 hour confirmation for dispensaries) so I was trippin. thanx for all your input guys I really appreciate it.

Consequences...

Here in Washington there is no database. Its strictly between you and your doctor which legally thats the way it has to remain without a court order. But MMJ is not a legal defense for testing positive on a UA. Every MMJ patient that is working a job should read up in our drug testing section to keep yourself safe.:jointsmile:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast