Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1681 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advice, comin' to cali

i think its time to get on with my life and get out of this place. i'm ready to feel the freedoms of cali. i've been to cali a few times & treated very well. i am looking to apply for my medical card when i move this summer hopefully. its time to get started with college i'd say. so i was looking for a little advice when going to apply for my card. first i need a state issued license. second a cause for using a wonderful organic substance. i have a case of insomnia. i have a hard time getting to sleep when needed or regulating rest because of stress brought on by negative thoughts. if it isn't then i'm tossing and turning because i can't get comfortable. i prefer cannabis over any other artifical substance to help relieve me of these inconvientcies because i know there will not be any unwanted side affects. i don't have any records to back this up. is it still la'git?
    piecemasta Reviewed by piecemasta on . Advice, comin' to cali i think its time to get on with my life and get out of this place. i'm ready to feel the freedoms of cali. i've been to cali a few times & treated very well. i am looking to apply for my medical card when i move this summer hopefully. its time to get started with college i'd say. so i was looking for a little advice when going to apply for my card. first i need a state issued license. second a cause for using a wonderful organic substance. i have a case of insomnia. i have a hard time getting Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Advice, comin' to cali

Be sure to bring a certified birth certificate for the ID. They will tell you it can take 2-3 weeks, but I got mine in 1. I dont know about your qualifying condition, but get it documented prior to coming out. From what I understand the card is not necessary unless you get caught, in which case, it can help you. If you have a recom, you could probably get it thrown out. I have my appt tomorrow, so I cant speak to the doc experience yet. Good Luck!

Advice, comin' to cali

You will likely qualify. Sleep disorders certainly qualify since they can lead to a lessening of your quality of life and even endanger your life (falling asleep at the wheel, as an example). Even so, a bit of advice, the cheaper clinics tend to be more liberal about granting a recommendation. They rely on rapid turn-over to make their bucks. - Granny:hippy:

Advice, comin' to cali

thanks for all the great advice. keep it coming. always expanding ones experiences is the best thing one can achieve. i currently don't have a regulated schedule. should, but since i don't have a job or currently enrolled in college. once its time to for the job and school when i head out west that safe access through medication will benefit me by regulating sleep and diet. nurturing ones garden promotes a positive lifestyle i believe (non-profit co-op garden with legal lines). i don't think one can say it doesn't help you sleep like a baby and help one socialize. i want to feel like i honestly quailfy in case i must defend my reasoning someday! thanks again homies for the advice!

Advice, comin' to cali

if I'm not an american citizen or resident, is it possible for me to get a card???

Advice, comin' to cali

so, I went to the doc. Had my medical records, but he wasn't overly concerned with them until he found out I had a very unique problem a few years ago that has been resolved. He gave a very informative speech about the laws and how I should go about medicating myself. Was expensive (200.00), but he spent about 45 minutes talking to me. Overall it was a typical MD experience with atypical subject matter. It was nice to talk to a professional about it without worry. Of course I went straight to Grass Roots in SF and got lots of goodies. Best of luck to you. Words can't describe the overall "legal" experience. Several times on the way home paranoia struck me, but I just rubbed my rec and reminded myself, "I have the right to possess this.".

PS: AF GOO makes all things insomnia history. I have slept like a baby every night since. It has been great. I bought some edibles but they just didnt seem to work for me other than just some mild body effects.

Advice, comin' to cali

in what ways did you inform the doc that quailified you for your rec, insomnia? would you mind elaborating more about your talk with the doc. it would help me feel more confident when it comes time to be in your shoes. Thanks again!

Advice, comin' to cali

^ good luck, piecemasta and all. it was quite a while ago, when i still lived in Cali, when i saw my doc but here is my experience.

i walk in and the very first thing out the docs mouth is sooo . . why do you think you need pot? or something like that. kinda thru me for a loop, he had a pony tail and kinda looked like a cop :stoned: (this was right after Prop 215 had just passed)

i explained that it helped me with my back and shoulder problems mostly, helping me to relax them and get all the tension out as well as helping me sleep much better at night. he went on to explain that that was actually an area that he had done medical research in. we chatted for about a half hour on all kinds of stuff, really cool doc. it wasn't until years later that i would learn that he was actually one of the most famous doctors in that area of research. :smokin: great experience overall. good luck.

Advice, comin' to cali

Insomnia and a HIGH stress job. Again, I have been treated for these conditions for about 4 years. If your doc does like mine, he will give you a questionnaire (how long have you smoked and how often type stuff) about your marijuana use. BE HONEST. It is documentation of your successful use to control your symptoms and tolerance. Be relaxed when you go in. You wont be his/her first pt to ask for a rec and you wont be the last. My doc talked about the safest way to get MMJ and how to protect yourself (i.e. follow the law, it is very generous). Went over the history of the legislation and how it applies to the DEA (=means nothing). Pretty basic, but coming from a well informed, highly educated place. I guess he just put everything into perspective as it applies to me.

Of course, he advised, if at all possible, GROW YOUR OWN. Try to avoid any dispensary that uses computers to track pts. You don't want your name floating around.

Advice, comin' to cali

Quote Originally Posted by escham
    Of course I went straight to Grass Roots in SF and got lots of goodies.
    I like this spot, too. I suggest hitting up CannaMed Care Center. They have a sweet lounge where you can just relax and medicate. Plus, their top shelf meds are really quality stuff.

Just be straight with the doctor, piecemasta. Like someone said, you're not his first patient and won't be his last. Tell him your problems and how cannabis has helped relieved you. If you have any medical records, be sure to bring them. My doctor was very understanding of my situation, so I was fortunate for that. All you need is the doctor's rec and ID and you're good to go to the dispensaries.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast