Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1660 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do you believe you choose your own parents?

Aye mon ure lucky, slange

2.   Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bhouncy
    I think picking to be brought up in a rich family might be too easy and challenging life experiences could make for a richer growth of character. Just a thought.
    It seems easier to be rich than poor but really they come with their own challenges. Life can get pretty complicated if you can afford to buy whatever you want and you think that will make you happy.

and no...I don't really think you can choose your parents. In the spiritual sense I think it would be more of a fate kind of thing.

Sorry, how bout this.
    Who on here has chosen their parents? Anyone? No. ok I think you have your answer! You can believe whatever you want, some folks believe the are jesus.

There isn't much logic to the idea since anyone capable of making a choice would automaticaly choose the best for themselves.
    Too many kids are starving , too many kids are abused, assuming it is possible to choose would be like saying all those kids chose a life of poverty and misery.
    Don't make a lot of sense to me.

PS
    If I had been in a position to choose I would have stuck with the ones I got as I'm very happy with the end product of thier child rearing.

Quote Originally Posted by psychocat
    There isn't much logic to the idea since anyone capable of making a choice would automaticaly choose the best for themselves.
    Too many kids are starving , too many kids are abused, assuming it is possible to choose would be like saying all those kids chose a life of poverty and misery.
    Don't make a lot of sense to me.

PS
    If I had been in a position to choose I would have stuck with the ones I got as I'm very happy with the end product of thier child rearing.
    Here's what I think,
    When I say choosing your own parents I don't mean in the aspect of money and material things.

I think before you are born your soul finds these people(your parents) and in your ideal life theese are the people you chose to parent you.
    if you made every right choice on your lifes path that you had imagined before birth you would be more than satisfied with your life,let alone your parents.

Its all a little more complex than you think.

how bout this:

friends come and go but family is there forever!

you CAN choose your friends but you CANT choose your family!

OH YEH YOU CAN CHOOSE 2 SMOKE GOOD WEED :rastasmoke:

ANSWERED

1 LOVE

keep toking, keep smiling, keep burning :rastasmoke:

If that were so its good to know that when my kids rebel agianst my wife and i we are not to blame, it was the kids fault for choosing us as parents not ours.
    I can dig that. LOL

If you believe in reincarnation, then, yes. You choose your own parents, with the choices of your current life. All the evil that you have not conquered, in this life, will remain a stain on your soul until you defeat those evil thoughts that enter your mind as easily as you brush an ant off of your arm.

Yes I think I choose my parents man. And I was my great grand pa before

Quote Originally Posted by Greenthing
    Hell no or i would be rich beyond my widest dreams.:S2:
    bit of a revival hah. In reply to this, I think that of course we can pick our parents. But I think because my parents loved me and raised me then I would pick them without fail. So to propose the question: Would you want to pick your parents? I didn't pick mine but I like what I have over anything else.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12