Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1672 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

outdoor growing

im planning on growing outdoor in the new york state, so i have a few stupid questions.

when i water them how much water do i give them?

do swamps have good soil for growing, and do i have to water the plants at all if theyre in a swamp?
    jamblock Reviewed by jamblock on . outdoor growing im planning on growing outdoor in the new york state, so i have a few stupid questions. when i water them how much water do i give them? do swamps have good soil for growing, and do i have to water the plants at all if theyre in a swamp? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

outdoor growing

If you are growing in a swamp maybe you should be growing rice or water lillies. Either that or make some raised beds. For weed, you'll want the soil to dry out at least occasionally. Over watering is a common mistake. You should not water until the soil around the roots is almost completely dry, then water thoroughly. I use my hydro nutrients at about half strength roughly every other time I water. I don't worry about watering my outdoor plants unless it's been hot and dry for about a week. If it gets real hot and dry, they may need water every other day if they are established, or daily if just starting out. During real hot weather I just check them every 2 days or so, watching for any signs of wilt. Of course too much water is better than not enough, but a surplus will also cause wilting and poor development. I guess that's better than death.

outdoor growing

"Swamp" or "marsh" is probably not an ideal growing spot for cannabis! I wouldn't smoke any cannabis that was grown in a swamp, anyway! :P

outdoor growing

I have read either on this forum or another forum that growing in swamps is fairly easy.

what i read was:

tie two fairly large logs together, and stitch together a pot using burlap material. use a combination of organic soil, mulch, and optional crystals (can't remember the name but they conserve water).

make sure the plant is securely on the logs and let it do its work; the roots will grow between the logs and not need watering.

but i have no experience doing this just some info ive read

GL
    check out my grow log:
    Greenatik\'s Vertical Coco Cab

outdoor growing

A swamp? Count on schwag... especially if its bagseed. Try to find another remote area... theres gotta be better grounds than a swamp, somewhere around you. NY is cold most of the year, you can probably grow some good indica over there if you find the right spot.imp:

outdoor growing

Quote Originally Posted by Backpacker420
    I wouldn't smoke any cannabis that was grown in a swamp, anyway! :P
    Wouldn't bother me much. I'd even smoke weed grown in horse shit. I'm sure I have.

outdoor growing

Quote Originally Posted by greenatik
    I have read either on this forum or another forum that growing in swamps is fairly easy.

what i read was:

tie two fairly large logs together, and stitch together a pot using burlap material. use a combination of organic soil, mulch, and optional crystals (can't remember the name but they conserve water).

make sure the plant is securely on the logs and let it do its work; the roots will grow between the logs and not need watering.

but i have no experience doing this just some info ive read

GL
    Good point. You could use the swamp to your advantage. The crystals are probably vermiculite. A floating garden on some camouflaged styrofoam (or logs) might never need watering. Just some pots of clay pellets with a wicks in the swamp.

One of my outdoor plants was planted near a stream last year, and it never needed watering. This can be a disadvantage if you feed with water. Maybe in this case it would be best to us the soil that has time release fertilizer, or mix in some Osmicote.

outdoor growing

Quote Originally Posted by puffpufffpass
    A swamp? Count on schwag... especially if its bagseed.
    If the seeds in the bag are from schwag, the plants will also be schwag. If the seeds in the bag are from da dankness, then the plants will be as well. If fertilized and aerated properly, the yield might even be large.

I recommend clones.