Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1879 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Work? First Grow / Grow Cabinet / DWC *Pictures* / sog?

Well here is my setup:
    My grow box is
    line1260skr Reviewed by line1260skr on . Work? First Grow / Grow Cabinet / DWC *Pictures* / sog? Well here is my setup: My grow box is Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Well here is my setup:

-The top (clones/seeds) is H22''xW23''xD15''
    -3 42watt CFL (150w compare)
    -mylar film

-The bottom (Veg/Flower) is H50''xW23''xD15''
    -400 watt HPS/MH
    -4 Gallon hydroponic DWC
    -1 inlet cpu fan (36cfm)
    -4 exhuast cpu fans (36cfm x 4)

The temperature when the lights are on is about 86 degrees. I think I might put one more inlet and exhaust fan in to cool is down. Otherwise is there any suggestions? I guess does anyone think this will work or be enough for 2 plants? 3? 4? ...

Also, is the top even usefull space for growing the seeds/clones and starting the veg on cfl?

What is the best way to use this box to get the most out of it?

Looks good, but replace the computer fans with a correct exhaust to get temps down below 80'F. Also I see no exhaust in the upper section- try putting the computer fans up there as exhaust. You also need an unobstructed intake, which can be no more than a hole at the bottom covered by a flap so that light cannot enter. If you have a difference between exhaust and intake fans, you make them less effective, and you lose valuable CFM points. The intake fan is hurting you. I bet if you remove it, you will see your temps drop a little.

so by having a fan blowing in, it makes it hotter? opposed to having just a hole there.

should i take the one intake fan out and put it in the top section and just have fans blowing out? hence leaving the cutout hole down at the bottom?

thanks for your help man

I think that's probably the best bet.
    But yeah, think about it. The fan itself takes up physical space in the hole. If it is not moving so fast that it can keep up with the air movement of FOUR similarly-sized fans, it is blocking air movement.
    It can be difficult to tweak an active intake correctly, which is why few growers bother with them. Even commercially-produced grow boxes have passive intake.
    I like the use of a prefab tool closet for a grow chamber. I haven't seen many posted- I think xcrispi has one for his moms n clones- but they are neat.
    When/if you outgrow that box, it will be IDEAL for keeping a big mother in the bottom half and clones in the top, to stock up a room up to about 6x6 feet comfortably!

Haha nice man thanks! .. its about 77.7degrees.. is that suitable? I have the temp thing hanging about 1.5 feet below the light and about 6 inches about the DWC.. is that a good place for it to be?

Also to cover up this hole in the back.. any ideas for a flap?

And I know this doesnt relate but is this right?

seed in rockwoll >> into DWC medium? .. will it be large enough to put in there after it sprouts?

Quote Originally Posted by line1260skr
    Haha nice man thanks! .. its about 77.7degrees.. is that suitable? I have the temp thing hanging about 1.5 feet below the light and about 6 inches about the DWC.. is that a good place for it to be?

Also to cover up this hole in the back.. any ideas for a flap?

And I know this doesnt relate but is this right?

seed in rockwoll >> into DWC medium? .. will it be large enough to put in there after it sprouts?
    You want the thermometer to sit at the same height as where the top of your canopy will be. This is where you're concerned about temperature the most.

77.7 is great temperatures but I bet if you raised it up to the dwc your temps would be in the mid - high 80's

I am very interested in starting my own cabinet/SOG grow soon...I like the look of your setup, mind telling me some more details about it?? Cost/design details/etc?? I see there are 4 on the bottom, how much are you hoping to yield off of that? I have been interested in my own, non-profit grow...I hate buying from shady people, plus I love to build and make things! And of course, I love getting :stoned:

:jointsmile:

I would like to know a good way to keep the cabinet cool and humidity correct.

I have basicly the same cabinet in my dad's room, but our cabinet has to doors that open from the middle.

I was wanting to use your idea since I happen to have the same cabinet, but do I need to buy a 400wHPS that has a hood that is air coolable?

I plan on using it to grow 2 Top44 plants with SCROG method. Sound reasonable?

if your not to concerned about a lil noise, not much, i run the samecabinet almost just about 2x the size.home depot sells bathroom exhust fans already wired for about 20 bucks! they work great i run one in the bottom corner (inlet)and one in the opposite side top for the exhaust. there quiet for the 1st year, after that they get a lil noisey not much. u can see my box in just afewthreads down (sharing my love).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast