Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1687 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843]

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    https://secure2.convio.net/mpp/site/...utologin=false

Today, a bill to eliminate all federal penalties for marijuana
    possession was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Would you please take one minute to ask your representative to support this bill?
    MPP??s easy online action system makes it simple ?? just enter your name and contact
    info and they'll do the rest.

"The Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act of 2008," introduced by
    Congressman Barney Frank (D-Mass.), would eliminate the threat of arrest and prison
    for the possession of up to 3.5 ounces of marijuana and/or the not-for-profit transfer
    of up to one ounce of marijuana. It would not affect federal laws prohibiting selling
    marijuana for profit, importing and exporting marijuana, or cultivating marijuana. It
    also would not affect any state or local laws and regulations.

Because almost all marijuana arrests are made by local and state police, the primary
    impact of this federal bill is twofold: First, it would offer protection to people who are
    apprehended with marijuana in federal buildings or on federal land (such as national
    parks); and, second, the bill sends a message to state governments that the federal
    government is now open to the notion of states reducing their marijuana penalties,
    too.

This historic legislation comes 36 years after the National Commission on Marihuana
    and Drug Abuse made a similar recommendation to President Richard Nixon,
    suggesting that he decriminalize small amounts of marijuana.

MPP has worked closely with Congressman Frank??s staff over the last year, helping to
    craft the legislation and build political support for the proposal on Capitol Hill.

Now that the bill has been introduced, members of Congress need to hear from their
    constituents who want to see it passed. It takes only a minute or two to use MPP??s
    online action system to send a quick note to your member of the House.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, take just one moment to
    and send a message to your representative
    supporting this new legislation.

If you can spare an additional two minutes, make a phone call!

You can reach your member of Congress by dialing the U.S. House switchboard
    operator at (202) 225-3121 and asking the operator to connect you to your
    representative (click here to lookup your representative). A staff member or
    intern will take your message and relay it to your representative. You can say:
    My name is [your name] and I am calling from [your town, your state].
    I wanted to ask my representative to please support Barney Frank's
    Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults Act.

If you believe non-violent marijuana users should stay out of jail...
    If you believe the federal government should set precident on this issue...
    If you want to do what you can to help make this a reality...

Take action!
    Legalise420 Reviewed by Legalise420 on . ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843] Quote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- https://secure2.convio.net/mpp/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&page=UserAction&id=177&autologin=false https://secure2.convio.net/mpp/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&page=UserAction&id=177&autologin=false https://secure2.convio.net/mpp/site/Advocacy?pagename=homepage&page=UserAction&id=177&autologin=false Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

ATTENTION: ALL ELIGIBLE U.S. VOTERS - FEDERALLY DECRIMINALIZE MARIJUANA! [H.R. 5843]

I'm contacting my legislators now. Thanks for the heads up.:thumbsup:

GREAT! I think it was on the ballot in 1972! I sure hope it happens again! Am phoning my congressman, ASAP!:thumbsup:

Im nervous about sending my name and email out since i grow. if i didnt i would put my name up. im SCARED! lol

Quote Originally Posted by anbesol
    Im nervous about sending my name and email out since i grow. if i didnt i would put my name up. im SCARED! lol
    this is why cannabis is still illegal,most everyone in the US is
    too scard to stand up and say "I want legal cannabis!".
    we have to tell our congress or it will stay illegal.

:hippy: :hippy: :hippy:

Quote Originally Posted by anbesol
    Man up!!!! lol

Marijuanna was made illegal behind our backs within an underhanded gov't with a corrupt agenda! I will stand for legalization and....
    I ain't scared! This is fucking America and our voices and votes still do count!

Into the Light!:hippy:

I agree just man up your not gonna get caught for growing cause you emailed your senator about wanting him to support a bill. I grow i send emails with my name.

I've sent my rep messages twice on these bills already. I also contact my state people when local bills are in the house or senate. They don't have a clue. They need to hear from us.

Shovelhandle

Sent.

I'm going to inform as many people as I can about this.

Thanks.

More people need to send this! Especially on this site! Seriously. If you really have a passion for cannabis, stand up for what's right.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast