Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1679 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

curious about how legal "legal" is

i want to get a card but im not sure how legal this card makes it. if a cop pulls you over can he arrest you for possession or what? whats the worst case scenario (for someone that isnt growing)??
    BudBuddyBaxter Reviewed by BudBuddyBaxter on . curious about how legal "legal" is i want to get a card but im not sure how legal this card makes it. if a cop pulls you over can he arrest you for possession or what? whats the worst case scenario (for someone that isnt growing)?? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

If you have an optional state issued ID card, he can't arrest you. If you just have your written recommendation, it would be up to the officer because these cannot be verified right away. If arrested, the recommendation should get your charges dropped in court after it has been verified with the judge, but it won't always prevent an arrest. Some local cops have policies on how to deal with medical marijuana patients, some don't, so sometimes it just depends on the officer's attitude. California Highway Patrol does have a policy to not arrest medical marijuana patients or confiscate their medicine, as long as you have your original written recommendation and are within the legal limits.

A good general rule of thumb is to not advertise your medical marijuana status. It's never a good idea to tell a cop you are a medical marijuana patient unless they need to know. If you are asking because you just wanted to show off your medical marijuana status to a cop, think again. If you are asking because you are genuinely concerned with arrest as a legal medical patient, you shouldn't have any problems as long as you are smart with your medicine.

Just remember, driving while stoned is always a DUI, medical patient or not.

If you are driving with your mmj on you and a scale (I weigh out .8g per joint) can the officer accuse you of selling drugs and take your card, as well as you, away? I'm afraid to bring my scale with me due to them thinking that I would be selling...but I really just like my joints to have .8g of cannabis in them because them smoke the best in my opinion. If anyone could give me an answer/opinion that would be great, thanks.

P.S. Not trying to hijack the thread or anything...just read what you posted and it brought up a good question that I felt we could both benefit from.

best to do without the scales; in general, it may be legal state-wise but that doesn't mean that cops won't still cause shit about it, and of course there's always the feds (very doubtful to be a problem to individuals, but still).

just keep it on the down low

The question about carrying a scale would be better answered by an experienced lawyer who has dealt with those issues. Where are you bringing your scales to though? Why not just pre-roll your joints at home then take them with you wherever you are going?

I bring it in the car when traveling to friends houses. As for pre rolling them...I don't know why I don't do it...I just prefer to roll one whenever I feel like smoking.

I don't like joints, I just don't like the paper taste, but if I did I would pre-roll them and then get a sweet case to carry them in. Personally, I don't like to carry incriminating items if I don't need to, so if you are worried about them trying to nail you as a seller maybe think about rolling them beforehand and keeping them in a decent case. Also would save time and add points to the pimp factor, if anyone's counting

instead of pre-rolling joints, weigh out the weed in advance. Use one of those weekly pill holders, the ones with 7 different little compartments, and put .8g in each compartment. This eliminates the need for a scale and is an efficient way of carrying your stash.

True that. The weekly pill bottle thing is a great idea, it should hold seven joints worth which is nice. Thanks for the tips guys.

I've been caught by the cops with a scale in my possession twice now. I just tell them that I have it so I know I'm not getting shorted. They just nodded, and let me keep it. Just don't do stupid stuff when you have bud on you, that's all there is to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast