Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1745 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Outdoor strain successes by region- post yours!

I didn't fair so well putting my four in little pots. Big storm a few nights ago and snails and slugs got after them too - I may have one survivor.

Region: Midwest, USA Ohio Valley
    Landscape: southern facing hillside.
    Breeder: unknown leftover seeds from half-quarter bag
    Strain: was indica looked like Dutch dope
    Success/failure?: Success I think: got 96 grams from 1 plant that sprouted from tossed seeds
    Major problem: grew too tall, was noticed before I was truly ready to harvest
    Finish date: Approximately Late September

Comments: plant reached over 6 feet and my fence with vines is only 4 ft. produced a nice creeping buzz that just made ya mellow for a while.

Trying my luck again this year, Rotting tree stump about 3 ft across filled with Ortho organic dirt.. as of 3 weeks plant is nearly 2 ft tall, trying LST ( already have it hooked 2x).

Outdoor growing here makes the plant take a while because of so much sunlight time. right now getting 12 hours + of sunlight. usual harvest time in my area seems to be early october

hey guys awsome pics and awsome thread by the way we need this more often so we can help out everyone in there very own region ,keep posting!!!! and for those of you with the leaf cutter problems when its really humid and its been raining on and off all summer use rose dust its got sulphur and a few other elements in there that the lil basturds dont like and i just take give the plants a small dusting at night when its cool and the sun wont burn the sulphur on your plants and reapply after rains , it doesnt wreck your smoke by any means as your plants are young and should only need this in the first 2 or 3 weeks when they are growing from seedling to a healthy stage but try it out those lil basturds wont like it garentee

4.   Advertisements

First time.Tennessee.please give me honest opinions.

Region: Northeast USA
    Landscape: Urban area/Outdoors
    Strain: 100% Indica - medijuana
    Success/Failure: Success
    Major Problem: Stunted growth - only about 5 ft tall.
    Finish Date: Any day now.......

Comments: Are these ready for harvest? I'm a newbie, but these pics might be enough for someone to tell me if I can cut these down yet? :smokin:

Well, I cut down the larger of the two plants & drying the buds now. I had already cut a few buds about a week ago and smoked, and this is really potent! 100% pure pain relief, as advertised where i purchased the seeds (online/amsterdam). The smaller (stunted) plant will need a few more weeks. BOTH plants were crowded out by two males that were not plucked out until a few weeks ago, but still they did pretty good despite being shorter than normal (i think).

SE UK
    6 purple haze cuttings, into peat free compost, big tubs
    2 destroyed by dog (who is now chained up till season finished)
    fed algea feed until signs of flower then changed to algea bloom.
    nipped at 2ft, then filled out great, now standing at 7ft and full of buds.
    cant post pics here yet but have in my album.
    will post further when finished.

I have had some good success with the strain Casey Jones. This one plant is about 5' high and 8' wide with some sweet colas. I used the complete FoxFarm product line and have been pretty damn happy with the results. I think she's got a few weeks to go, not a single amber trichome yet....

Here are some clones I grew in the Denver, CO area. They are Mango, and NYC Diesel. The mango have the bright yellow leaves. Both were decent producers. All of the plants gave 1-2 1/2 ounces or so. At harvest they ranged from 2-3 feet. They were started at the end of May, which is a little late for this area.

Quote Originally Posted by bkkbob
    I have had some good success with the strain Casey Jones. This one plant is about 5' high and 8' wide with some sweet colas. I used the complete FoxFarm product line and have been pretty damn happy with the results. I think she's got a few weeks to go, not a single amber trichome yet....
    Perfect height! I think I will need to try this strain next season ;o)

Region: Southern Ontario
    Landscape: Wooded area in clearings, flat
    Breeder: Where I got my seeds? Pick N MIx
    Strain: Early Skunk & AMS
    Success/failure?: Success
    Major problem: missing leaves on all early skunk clones
    Finish date: Mid-September
    Comments: These were put out early May, harvested mid-september. AMS remained short and stocky - expected more off of it but notsomuch. Early Skunk grew over 6'. Approximate yield from 10 Early Skunk and 1 AMS was 3-4lbs dry.

[attachment=o258241][ATTACH][ATTACH][attachment=o258244][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast