Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1565 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Outdoor strain successes by region- post yours!

Region: west S.Ca
    Strains: White Widow, Swiss Miss, bagseed,
    Landscape: greenhouse backyard
    Success/failure: 2 Success 1 failure
    Major Problem: First grow I killed all but one plant from giving them way too many nutes very ugly I also have had problem with some kind of insect that I have never been able to identify whatever it was it lived in the soil and would eat all the leaves off the small seedlings neem oil and other safe sprays did nothing
    Finish date: Oc.1
    Comments: Planted in soil in 15g pots I use miracle grow soil that I mix with earthworm casings, perlite and vermite Feed them Fox Farm products

2.   Advertisements

Region: "WEST" Southern British Columbia Canada
    Landscape: Farm Field lots of east to west sun coverage.
    Breeder: VSB
    Strain: Kushx
    Success/failure?: Success
    Major problem: lower Yeild
    Finish date: App. Oct 15
    Comments: Quick flower but smaller compact buds. All ended up at 3.5 feet around 1.5-2 oz a plant.

MY 2007 outdoor Kush grow

Region: Central Texas costal
    Landscape: 30'x15' bed hidden by deck/house and surrounded by large potted plants. 6 1/2 hours full E to W sun

Strain: C99cNL
    Success/failure?: success
    Major problem: some leaf mold in Sept
    Finish date: mid Oct
    Comments: treated mold w/2 tsp soda + 2 drops liquid dish detergent in quart spray bottle. Incredable yield; i used tent pegs to tie plants horizontally.

Strain: Apollo11xC99
    Comments: All same as above, with a bit more leaf mold, that i had to wash off with fingers and soda solution. About 20% less yield, but made up for it with a very citrus scent and taste

Photos were taken mid Sept, about a month before harvesh

Quote Originally Posted by wskdigital
    Region: Alaska
    Landscape: Spruce Forest
    Strain: Lowryder 2
    Success/Failure: Success
    Finish Date: Mid September
    Problem(s): Rabbits ate about 1/3 of the plants
    Comments: Had to haul in my own soil because the forest soil is nutrient-less and to acidic. Also the plants that were planted with natural barriers (like fallen trees or dense brush) were not touched by the rabbits.

Peace!
    Can you give me the Longitude of where you grew?

Also, when in the season did you start?

Luna, it sounds like you have 'leaf cutters' too. They're those long skinny brownish-black bugs with a split tail...about an inch or so long. They live under rocks, leaves and other ground cover but keeping the ground clear won't keep them away. They snip off the seedlings about an 1/8" from ground level leaving a tiny little stump. I use an aluminum can with the ends cut off as a barrier to keep them off of seedlings (they don't bother older plants that have already hardened their 'trunks'). Take your can with the ends cut off (a serrated steak or bread knife works best to saw off the ends) and center it over the seedling or seed if you plant directly into the ground then press gently into the ground a bit so nothing can crawl under it and it'll keep them safe from pretty much all crawling bugs but especially safe from the leaf cutters.

Good Luck

US North Carolina
    Landscape: Low spot & 5 plants to a container in Large kiddie pools camflouged,works absolutely great with no bugs to bother it.
    Breeder: Outside
    Strain: BIG BUDDA CHEESE & A.M.S
    Success:great
    Major problem:At the end of budding the limbs started breaking from the weight of the buds had to tie limbs back up
    Finish date: App. October 18th
    Comments:Was my best outdoor grow ever they grew to 11 to 12 foot high and the smoke was absolutely great.I have grown all ways outside and tried planting in ground around here and some kind of worm or bug would always get to them & what did make it through never made much so i went to the pool idea!For anyone having trouble ouside with heavy digging or bug problems this idea will help you just buy caomflouge paint and paint them let them dry take them to your pre spot u choosen make sure to cut holes in botton of pool,& then buy cow manure and perfect mix potting soil with some pete moss & vermiculite,& i assure you that if the creepers dont find them you will be happy in flowering season.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by midniter
    US North Carolina
    Landscape: Low spot & 5 plants to a container in Large kiddie pools camflouged,works absolutely great with no bugs to bother it.
    Breeder: Outside
    Strain: BIG BUDDA CHEESE & A.M.S
    Success:great
    Major problem:At the end of budding the limbs started breaking from the weight of the buds had to tie limbs back up
    Finish date: App. October 18th
    Comments:Was my best outdoor grow ever they grew to 11 to 12 foot high and the smoke was absolutely great.I have grown all ways outside and tried planting in ground around here and some kind of worm or bug would always get to them & what did make it through never made much so i went to the pool idea!For anyone having trouble ouside with heavy digging or bug problems this idea will help you just buy caomflouge paint and paint them let them dry take them to your pre spot u choosen make sure to cut holes in botton of pool,& then buy cow manure and perfect mix potting soil with some pete moss & vermiculite,& i assure you that if the creepers dont find them you will be happy in flowering season.LOL
    (I forgot to add that alittle play sand mixed in too & a few cedar bushes cut and layed around to help to hide them.

Excellent results, nice tip!...midniter...:thumbsup:

I broke two pick axes around here...trying to dig a hole...:wtf:...

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Pimp
    Excellent results, nice tip!...midniter...:thumbsup:

I broke two pick axes around here...trying to dig a hole...:wtf:...
    Anytime pimp,i went through the samething hard ground ph balance from ground & critters,so i was washing my big bulldog oneday in the pool and bam it gave me the idea lol!

Kiddie pool. Available on craigslist for like $10 tops? Siiiiick idea. Thank you. Im frankensteining everyones ideas and and putting them together. Will post results in oct. hahaha. tanksl

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast