Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1923 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Blind Dreams?

I have always been curious about how the mind of a blind person functions while dreaming. Do their dreams consist of nothing but audio? Or do their other senses create somewhat of a picture in their mind. However, does their mind even grasp the concept of "sight" and "picture", or is what they think they can "see" with touch, nothing more than a feeling matched with a name. As most people know you rarely experience much feeling while dreaming. Although maybe heightened senses that the blind experience are able to create touch or feeling while in a dreamlike state?

Any other thoughts on this?:detective1:
    SkinnyBuddha Reviewed by SkinnyBuddha on . Blind Dreams? I have always been curious about how the mind of a blind person functions while dreaming. Do their dreams consist of nothing but audio? Or do their other senses create somewhat of a picture in their mind. However, does their mind even grasp the concept of "sight" and "picture", or is what they think they can "see" with touch, nothing more than a feeling matched with a name. As most people know you rarely experience much feeling while dreaming. Although maybe heightened senses that the blind Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Blind Dreams?

Im almost positive they dream like we do considering we don't use our eyes when we dream. We just use our memory. So I guess maybe you're right, after a certain time t hey just don't dream in color any more. Or maybe its just a more rare dream.

Blind Dreams?

i dunno this ones been bothering me for days... But i do think that if the images we can picture in our brains are just memorializes of what we see.. what they "see" in their brains might just being heightened senses of feeling... but its tough to say that for sure because im certainly no expert or anything... but yea if they see stuff in their dreams as we do, it would be really cool to see... But how could they deam in black and white if they've never seen white.. does anyone really if no for sure though if all they see is black?

Blind Dreams?

What if you sold a single IQ point, then bought $500 worth of Ginkgo?

Blind Dreams?

some people believe DMT is responseable for the actual visuals in our sleep so it doesnt come from the eyes. DMT is a psychedellic and there have been studies with LSD and Shrooms that color blind people see new colors to them. So maybe they would not see shapes and 3d objects as normal people see, but they could see patterns and other things possibly in their sleep.

Blind Dreams?

I'm sure that when they hear people talking they make a picture of what they think that person looks like. So maybe they use this type of thinking and thoughts in their dreams.

Just a high guess haha.

Blind Dreams?

It does make a difference to someone who was once able to see. A person blind since birth wont have a visual perception of the world, no view of colors knowlage of colors and shapes other than the feel and no visuals. They more or less would have more audio related dreams, hearing things and thinking. An actual study was done and showed when blinded from the ages of five and seven may or may not retain some visual imagery.

Blind Dreams?

ask a blind person, im sure its different from person to person though