Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1735 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

How I make 'clean' cannabutter- a tutorial

Lol@ deity!

You don't have to do a long cook on the wash steps. I get it up to a light simmer, shake it a bit, let it sit, shake it a bit more, and call it good. The wash water will get progressively clearer and gentler in flavor as your butter gets cleaner. The dark green product means it's got a lot of chlorophyll in it still, but as long as you get as much contamination/fert salts out as possible, you will still have a very pleasant tasting product. I don't know about you guys, but I really like the mild earthy/incense/hash taste of a well-cleaned butter extraction. I have plans to work up a recipe for a less-sweetened cookie/biscuit made with whole oat flour and maybe sage and lemon, or whole oat and grapefruit peel, undecided as yet, but I'd like to find some way to incorporate the hash flavor into the overall taste experience too. We shall see.

I like your description of the high. That sounds about right for a good edibles dose. A neat thing about good cannabutter is that at higher dosages you can actually get into a trippy state. I don't go that far personally, but a couple of my friends have been enjoying my caramels just a LITTLE too much, hahaha!!! Woo hoo... :jointsmile:

First time I've tried uploading a picture, don't know how it'll turn out.

Anyhow, this is what became of my plant, who was named Cat Food.

QWISO, cannabutter, Green Dragon, & bud (such as it is).

I won't know how well you can see the color of the butter until I see the post.

Anyway, I was expecting it to be loaded with chlorophyll - it was made with fan leaves, after all.

The taste is fine for me. I'll probably consume it straight (just had some on banana bread). I've kind of turned around on eating mj. I would rather get high & then eat the most amazing stuff I can come up with. Eg, cannabuttered popcorn. Great idea! Works like a charm! Only problem is you want the buttered popcorn after you're stoned, & if you have another batch then, well, say goodnight, Gracie...

Thanks for the post Stinky, gonna be in the kitchen for the next week!!

4.   Advertisements

Here's something to keep ya busy...
    http://boards.cannabis.com/grow-log/...ml#post1837597
    That's the caramel recipe. I can't stress enough:
    -Use a pot bigger than you think you need
    -Wear long sleeves, eye protection, and dish washing gloves- molten sugar is like fucking fresh lava. OW!

That looks very nice, Stinky. Reckon I'll give it a whirl sometime.

Speaking of caramel, I did a Tarte Tatin with c-butter for both the apples & the crust once. That's a nice one to impress company with.

Hmmm... Canna-Tarte Tatin with Green Dragon whipped cream....

O. M. G. That sounds droolsome. I've got all the gear to make all SORTS of French desserts (madeline molds, assorted tart pans with removeable bottoms, Charlotte pans, you name it) but I'm only now just getting really into baking. I have no sweet tooth so it's been a matter of finding stuff that's not too sweet, and any apple tarts are good to go as far as I'm concerned! Learning cannagoodies has been a ton of fun for me, because my whole cooking background up to this point has been focused on Indian and Mediterranean styles, completely ignoring sweets, with the exception of Biscotti, to which I'm addicted. Someday I'm going to have a catering service/small commercial bakery... just watch...

Well, pastry will sure test your kitchen mojo.

Do you ever read Cook's Illustrated? They had a pie crust recipe that's pretty ingenious - uses vodka as part of the liquid. Why? Water + flour = gluten = tough crust. Alcohol & flour doesn't create gluten, so you get more liquid into the dough, making it easier to handle & roll out, without making it tough.

Probably the sickest thing I've done with c- butter was puff pastry. & even then I didn't go the whole hog, I made the blitz puff pastry (pate feuilletee rapide).

Tell you something for free: making puff pastry is an acquired skill...

Funny - I got started cooking on Indian food too...

Quote Originally Posted by grumio
    ...They had a pie crust recipe that's pretty ingenious - uses vodka as part of the liquid. Why? Water + flour = gluten = tough crust. Alcohol & flour doesn't create gluten, so you get more liquid into the dough, making it easier to handle & roll out, without making it tough.
    PURE genius. I'ma try that with Applejack and make turnovers. Mmm.
    Probably the sickest thing I've done with c- butter was puff pastry. ...: making puff pastry is an acquired skill...
    (in best action comic voice
    PUFF PASTRY SKILLS ACQUIRED!!!! *shoop
    Funny - I got started cooking on Indian food too...
    IMVHO, the collected cuisines of the Indian subcontinent make the most rich, delicious, ingenious and diverse culinary contribution the world has ever seen. The creative ways of using complementary grains, pulses, and spices to promote health and overcome spiritual or economic dietary restrictions are astonishing, and no matter what you do or do not eat, within Indian cuisine you will never want for a good hearty meal. And the methods of preservation that cope with weather that can be quite hot and humid are clever. Yoghurts and pickles and chutneys, oh my!
    And then next in line would be the Mediterranean coasts' dishes.

ROFL - isn't there some program you can jack into where Laurence Fishburne teaches you how to make puff pastry?

Ok you have GOT to check this out. I did the lime pickle with ginger. Fantastic. Not quite hot enough. Which is not something I expect to say about a recipe which calls for THIRTY THAI BIRDSEYE CHILIS.

I'm with you - my desert island cuisine is Indian. Also, I have a theory - Indian vegetarian cuisines work so well because they never had meat in them in the first place, as opposed to some other vegetarian cuisines which always seem to be trying to make up for or work around the fact that they can't use meat.

You want details on the vodka pastry crust?

Oh & re the lime pickle recipe, regardless of what the OP says, it is in fact fermentation that makes pickles, and not the "goodness of the sun."

You have McGee?

That's not a bad looking pickle! Yup, fermentation and other actions of yeast and bacteria are the KEY to hot-climate food preservation.
    And I think you are dead on the money about the traditional vs. modern vegetarianism being the reason behind the seeming effortlessness of it all.

Pastry crust details would be great; you should start a pastry and pie crust thread. The crust itself opens up a whole new avenue for THC infusion into recipes... think about it... for us traditionalists, a short-pastry pie crust with THC-infused LARD and applejack? Mmm! And for the Betty Crocker generation, Chocolate cream pie with a Mint Green Dragon oreo cookie crust?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast