Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1586 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

How I make 'clean' cannabutter- a tutorial

so I take it you use the dooble-boiler method to reduce the extraction temperature.
    simmer your trim on low with a cover is only a few degrees higher and much easier than the double-boiler (you don't have to top with water)
    method and a crock-pot is very easy to do while at work. I like 24 hours of simmer time. Remember the graph for conversion of THC-acid to THC is time & temperature.
    So 24 hours cook time gives a good amount of conversion (may be over-kill) Instead of the ricer they make stronger fruit presses but they run around $100. I simmer the leaf a second time in fresh water to remove more butter. I seem to loose too much butter. I just used 2 sticks but only got back one stick when all done. That's 50% loss of the butter and THC I expect.

yah the smell can be real strong and in winter it's tough to open the windows but trim is a stinky cook. this method should help with the closed top but a stove-top simmer is stinky, almost gagging.

There are at least a dozen methods I've seen in the past few years but prefer the "double boil" method Attachment 294746 Don't get me wrong, Stinkyattics' method is very good! Like the double boil cuz it works & way too lazy to change esp @ my age...... he he. My cooking bud is pretty clean & not to many worries on the chlorophyll so. Making a 1.5 pound batch today, any decent recipes that you'd like to share? Peace:thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Esteban1
    There are at least a dozen methods I've seen in the past few years but prefer the "double boil" method Attachment 294746 Don't get me wrong, Stinkyattics' method is very good! Like the double boil cuz it works & way too lazy to change esp @ my age...... he he. My cooking bud is pretty clean & not to many worries on the chlorophyll so. Making a 1.5 pound batch today, any decent recipes that you'd like to share? Peace:thumbsup:
    :eat: cooking again, alright, keep some in the marked butter tub,:eat:

Has any one tried doing this with a canner? (Big pot, comes with a rack to hold& raise a bunch of canning jars off the bottom. Fill pot with water to recomended level). Preforms same service as double boiler, takes less space, ease of use at sm expence. Never made butter my self, just came from long line of good southern cooks & seems to me mightbe a work/space saver. They usually come with tongs shaped to grasp & hold canning jars.
    PEACE
    I\'m an ole\' tree huggin hippie. I do what I like & like what I do.

Never tried any other technique. This works so very well don't think I'll try alternate methods. This was my second run & there wasn't one spec of leaf in the butter! Would name it "Budderer" but sure it's taken lol

You could call it 'Estes better budder'. ;-)

~~~~~~PEACE!~~~~~~
    I\'m an ole\' tree huggin hippie. I do what I like & like what I do.

I wash cannabutter or coconut oil three times to help get rid of the smell in the oil. I also take 2lbs of butter, heat to 150 or so and only use the clarified butter that results. I toss all the milk solids....it tends to taste funny. I usually use 40 grams or so of the best pot I can find, the last batch was 900 per 1/4 lb. Thats about 200 more than usual, but miles better than usual. I made 70 cookies from 40 grams last batch....thats about .58 grams per cookie or about 112 mgs of THC per cookie. I also had great luck making caramels as well...you can hardy taste the maryjane in the treat. Also always use lecithin in the treats.....it gives a kick, hard, quick to the head, but its about 2/3 as long a buzz. The caramels had too much THC....about 175mg per caramel....two is too many!

8.   Advertisements

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678