Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1509 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Plants Yellowing/Brown Spots on bottom leaves

Well I ran into some more problems after I went to the Caribbean for a week and left a friend to take care of my plants. Now there's some brown spots and yellowing on the lower leaves. There is still purple edges on the leaves and I don't know how to fix it. Also the leaves are drooping and they just don't look very happy.

It's been a little over a month now, still vegging under 10 6500k CFLs. A couple plants have stretched so I tied them down and I'm thinking about doing it to the others but maybe not quite yet.

My temps are around 75-78 almost all the time and humidity ranges from 30-38%.

While I left my friend to take care of them, they got lowered from the lights and a few started to stretch kinda bad. Also they were fed Fish Emulsion and some Schultz plant food and were sprayed with this mixture. I'm pretty sure that was the reason to him chopping off a bunch of lower leaves, as they died off from over-ferting probably.

Here's some pics I took today, 3 plants show pistils with little white hairs coming out, and 2 aren't showing them yet or are males. Help me fix these babies!

Thanks for looking! -Ad-
    AliceDee Reviewed by AliceDee on . Plants Yellowing/Brown Spots on bottom leaves Well I ran into some more problems after I went to the Caribbean for a week and left a friend to take care of my plants. Now there's some brown spots and yellowing on the lower leaves. There is still purple edges on the leaves and I don't know how to fix it. Also the leaves are drooping and they just don't look very happy. It's been a little over a month now, still vegging under 10 6500k CFLs. A couple plants have stretched so I tied them down and I'm thinking about doing it to the others Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

Looks like you could use some fertilizer in there. Woody stems, Red and purple stems, brown spots on lower leaves with yellowing and droopy leaves tell me they need to be fed. What kind of water are you using as well. If it is Reverse Osmosis or another kind of bottled water, you need some calcium and magnesium in there. Are you feeding them anything yet?

Well the only things I have to feed them are fish emulsion and Schultz 10-15-10 plant food. I'm using regular tap water at 7.0 ph.
    The soil is MG organic choice. My store selection is Walmart and Lowe's and I'm out of funds right now

fill out form and give atleast three business days for contact

-indoor or outdoor
    -soil, soilless, or hydroponic
    -specific medium
    -Soil type/brand
    -Hydro/aero/soilless system type
    -Anything you have added to the soil
    -Soil pH
    -Water source
    -Water pH
    -Age of plant
    -Type of fertilizer
    -Rate of application
    -Lighting source and distance from plant
    -Temperature (both day and night if you are running a dark period)
    -% Relative humidity
    -Lighting schedule
    -Type of ventilation your room has

ive been wanting to do that

Quote Originally Posted by phatsesh101
    fill out form and give atleast three business days for contact
    Haha! 'Our people will call your people.'

i dont know about more ferts.
    MG soil has ferts in it and theres the schultz too.

are you giving ferts every water?

might wanna try every other watering.

and ive been told flushing once a month is a good practice.
    water 3 times the volume of your grow container all at once.

hope that helps
    good luck:thumbsup:

No I've been feeding about once a week. I did flush last week, but I don't think I used enough water, probably just enough for the size of the pot.

Should I feed any nutes through the soil? Or just stick to spraying when I give them some schultz.

Do you have a reading on the soil runoff pH?
    I'd lose the fish emulsion for the time being, or make the dose lower. You need to concentrate on a complete fert with micros, which shultz has. Not the greatest, but they are present.
    Test the pH of the soil runoff and you can do a WEAK foliar feed with the fertilizer mixed 1/2 strength. I think you can even stand to feed more often, of course making sure your pH is between 6.3-6.8. The plant looks hungry.
    Last, what is the temperature of the room? Cold temps can cause similar symptoms. Make sure the soil stays above 65'F at all times.

My soil runoff ph is always at about 6.9-7.0 and the water I use to water them is 7.0

My temps are between 73 and 78 at all times almost but I do have 2 5inch fans inside blowing on the plants. I have 2 ~3inch computer fans and 1 ~4inch computer fan pulling air through a 2 inch pvc pipe and I leave the door open a bit to make up for the rest of the pull from the fans.

I haven't been feeding any fish emulsion but my freind did while I was out of town and it hurt them a bit I think.

I have been feeding the schultz at 4 drops/quart and box says to do 7 drops.

Would misting them every other day be ok?

Thanks again

Misting with plain water is going to contribute to the deficiency. If you mist, it should be with a weak fert- and only when needed. If recommended dosage for feeding is 7 drops, make the foliar spray with 3 and feed in the water with the full 7, but you have another possible problem too- Your pH is slightly high; it should be between 6.3 and 6.8.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast