Activity Stream
227,828 MEMBERS
1368 ONLINE
greengrassforums On YouTube Subscribe to our Newsletter greengrassforums On Twitter greengrassforums On Facebook greengrassforums On Google+
banner1

white widow seed lost to white worm

so i bought some seeds planted in a shot glasses out of 10, four going strong, one was nocked over and lost, one died after sprouting, after digging up the rest one has done nothing, anthore one has broke its shell, and the last one was eating by little white worms, to small to take a pic, could it have came form the soil or was the seed infected from the start, they look like little maggets but really small. any ideas?
    devilvenom Reviewed by devilvenom on . white widow seed lost to white worm so i bought some seeds planted in a shot glasses out of 10, four going strong, one was nocked over and lost, one died after sprouting, after digging up the rest one has done nothing, anthore one has broke its shell, and the last one was eating by little white worms, to small to take a pic, could it have came form the soil or was the seed infected from the start, they look like little maggets but really small. any ideas? Rating: 5

2.   Advertisements

I've never heard of seeds being infected by insects. It must have been the growing medium. Did you use soil brought in from the outdoors?

i did recycle some dirt that went outside for a bit, the plant that was in it died from my hydro hut, damn rip off, i was just seeing if any one knew what these lil worms where.

sorry to hear of your loss.

it was most likely whitefly larvae.

Whitefly - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia